Business Data Analyst - Graduate
- Based in our Bicester office with some flexibility to homework (by agreement with Operational Performance Management, on a rotational basis and subject to business needs).
- You must be able to get to the Bicester office (5 days during training and then 3-5 days a week subject to business requirements following completion of training).
Explore and Discover what it’s like working for Leidos…
The Operational Performance Team have an exciting and important role within the LCST Programme as a Business Data Analyst. If you are a graduate or looking to progress your career, we would love to hear form you...
We are primarily responsible for developing management information (MI) and business intelligence (BI). Our core activity is monitoring and reporting on performance across the full LCST supply chain. Working closely with Leidos cross-functional areas, our Delivery Partners and Customer to meet the overall LCST contractual obligations and our wider business requirements.
We present outputs in varying report formats to working groups, management/senior leadership forums and our Customer. We also contribute to commissioning and delivery of projects, funding initiatives and new business opportunities. Supporting evidence-based continuous improvement culture and business decision making. Ensuring that we deliver effective and efficient supply chain support to UK Armed Forces.
Working with data mining tools, data modelling concepts and data warehouse architecture. Supporting development of design, build and maintenance of a suite of tools to provide a unified view and assessment of Team Leidos performance (including Dashboard & Scorecard).
Joining our team as a Data Analyst will be the ideal opportunity for a Graduate, or individual pursuing a career specialising in MI and BI (it is not an IT role).
You will receive full management support, a development plan, in team training and a Senior Data Analyst will Mentor you on your journey along with support from the wider Medical Team.
- Working closely with Senior Business Analysts to support achievement and improvement of KPIs, undertaking detailed data analysis, interpretation, reconciliation and validation of past and current data (daily/weekly/monthly). Identifying trends, assessing performance and any deviations against contractual activities and obligations.
- Ensuring deliverables are accurate, of high quality and meet business requirements through application of business rules and adherence to processes/procedures.
- Being proactive in looking at and suggesting creative ways to drive change and improvements of our data tools, processes and working practices to drive efficient ways of working, best practice and conformance with our security protocols.
- Communicating results clearly and concisely within the Operational Performance Team and escalate issues to Senior Business Analysts and /or Operational Performance Management.
- Support working with technical teams and wider TL colleagues to contribute to cross-functional working groups and projects as required in support of new systems integration/developments.
- Demonstrate and promote our values in your behaviours, all day-to-day business interactions and activities. Maintain a safe and secure working environment.
- Graduate, or individual pursuing a career specialising in MI and BI
- A flexible, adaptable and supportive team member
- Knowledge of data collection, software and expertise in integrating programmes and software into data services and developing business intelligence
- Data preparation and visualisation (qualitative and quantitative data)
- Excellent competency in Microsoft office packages, particularly in advanced excel and knowledge of other software packages such as MS Access, SQL and Alteryx
- Relevant qualification or working toward in Data Analytics/CBIP preferred.
- Working with complex data sets and awareness of performance monitoring/reporting
- Ability to identify and apply appropriate solutions with support.
- Positive, want to/can-do attitude and ability to work on own initiative
- Motivated and goal driven with a keen interest in self-development and continuous learning
- Statistical analysis knowhow - problem solver with logical and creative thinking
- Active listening and good communication skills
- Successful applicant will require DBS to start and SC Clearance for role
- Clearance to Start BPSS
- Clearance for Role SC
Rewrite your career with Leidos UK! Through training, teamwork, and exposure to challenging technical work, let Leidos show you how to unleash your potential...
What we do for you:
At Leidos we are PASSIONATE about customer success, UNITED as a team and INSPIRED to make a difference. We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent. Our reward scheme includes:
• Contributory Pension Scheme
• Private Medical Insurance
• 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
• Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, gym memberships, annual buy and sell holidays and a cycle to work scheme)
Commitment to Diversity:
We welcome applications from every part of the community and are committed to a truly diverse and inclusive culture. We foster a sense of belonging, welcoming all perspectives and contributions, and providing equal access to opportunities and resources for everyone. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know, and we will respond in a way that best fits your needs.
Who We Are:
The Logistics Commodities & Services Transformation (LCST) Programme for the UK Ministry of Defence is a critical effort to enhance and improve the UK’s defence supply chain. The programme provides essential services such as storage and distribution for the MOD's materiel, including a global freight service and the procurement and inventory management of 70,000 commodity NATO Stock Number (NSNs).
Working together as Team Leidos we are helping to transform the UK's defence supply chain by providing an integration of a complex mixture of services, at low risk, using a modern suite of systems that will deliver one version of the truth. For the first time, the MOD will see the whole picture, as it is happening.
What Makes Us Different:
Purpose: you can use your passion and abilities at Leidos to keep the people you care about safe. We are at the forefront of machine learning, AI, cyber security and solutions. Using your skills in the technology frontline by helping to build a safer world. You can inspire change.
Collaboration: having flexibility to do your job is one of our core benefits, enabling you to become part of our extraordinary team. We have been empowering our people to work flexibly for years. Whether you work from home, the office or on customer sites, we will give you the digital tools and the flexibility to work smarter and align your needs and ours.
People: Leidos empowers people from every background to be themselves and gives you the tools to learn new skills by enabling growth whilst developing. We believe that extraordinary people need opportunities to grow, to be inspired and to inspire others. At Leidos, we invest in technical academies, career rotations and a career development plans that enhance your future.
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® innovation company rapidly addressing the world’s most vexing challenges in national security and health. The company's global workforce of 47,000 collaborates to create smarter technology solutions for customers in heavily regulated industries. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $15.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 29, 2023. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.