The Origin program is in need of a Windows Systems Engineer that has experience in VMWare virtual hosting environments, MS Windows Server 2012-2019 administration, Windows PowerShell scripting, Active Directory, VDI and NetAPP storage solutions. Applicant should be able to design and develop complex solutions without assistance from peers. Daily duties include O&M of virtual environments, designing and implementing new technologies, and mentoring more junior Administrators. Should also be able to review peers' designs and ensure solution is sound. Must be able to work in a large team environment and collaborate when needed. Adaptability and thinking outside the box to meet complex customer requirement is key.
• Provide technical expertise and assist with systems integration and consolidation efforts across multiple systems environments.
• Addresses and resolves technical problems of moderate complexity relating to the installation and upgrade of systems hardware and systems.
• Interface with customers, vendors and other technical staff to analyze business and technical requirements.
• Engineer/implement technical solutions from a cradle to grave technical approach.
• Lead a team of engineers on projects, ensuring everyone is properly utilized to provide a finalized technical solution/implementation.
• Assist/train engineers on new technologies to better the organizations technical expertise
• Understanding of software automation tools and ability to incorporate programming languages to do the repetitious tasks.
• Understanding/Designing/Creating/Troubleshooting Spine Leaf Architectures within Datacenters utilizing Apstra on Cisco Equipment.
• Document engineering standards, supports the development of systems architecture and engineering designs and changes.
• Assist in evaluating current and emerging technologies, conducts technical assessments and makes recommendation to senior engineers.
• Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
• Effectively complete individual projects and tasks with some oversight.
O&M of large virtual hosting environment consisting of approximately 300 servers across 10 systems.
Design and Implement new IT technologies in an operational always-on environment.
Must also provide tier 2/3 support of Windows environment from a sys admin perspective
Typically requires BS degree and 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 years of prior relevant experience or experience in lieu of degree
Must have a TS/SCI with Poly to be considered
5 years of experience in Windows System Administration
Must understand virtual server technologies
VMWare Vcenter expertise
NetAPP storage expertise
Additional Optional Qualifications
Cloud design and implementation experience
You will be required to pass both a customer required and administered medical and physiological screening, as a condition of employment
Pay Range:Pay Range $97,500.00 - $150,000.00 - $202,500.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.