Veterans Benefits Administration (VBA) Veteran Readiness and Employment (VR&E) is responsible for providing eligible program participants with compensable service-connected disabilities, all services and assistance necessary to enable them to the maximum extent possible, to become employable and to obtain and maintain suitable employment and achieve maximum independence in daily living. VR&E utilizes the Readiness and Employment System (RES) for case management. The VR&E program will be focused on replacing the current RES with a solution that incorporates human-centric design and a Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) methodology that uses Microsoft Azure Power Platform, Power Automator, Dynamics 365 and Azure Connectors.
The software engineer will be assigned to a scrum team that focuses on either the development or the integration of the Leidos RES solution. The candidate will lead a team of software engineers and developers. The candidate will assist in the creation of the Systems and Data Transition plan by performing a comprehensive analysis of the current VA systems and data. The software engineer will be responsible programming, documenting, managing configuration, testing, and bug fixing involved in creating and maintaining the Leidos RES solution.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline (computer science, engineering, etc.) and 4 – 8 years of relevant experience.
- Must have experience developing software using the SAFe methodology.
- Experience working in a DevOps environment using automated builds, testing and deployment.
- Experience working with multiple scrum teams.
- Ability to work in a faced paced environment and deliver results against milestones.
- Proven experience supporting large development initiatives that are similar in scope and complexity.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to effectively interact with others and work independently with minimal supervision.
- Experience in supporting software development and release within the VA, VHA and/or VBA.
- Detail oriented with strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Candidate will be required to obtain and maintain a Public Trust Clearance.
- Due to US Government contract requirements, US Citizenship is required.
- Master’s degree in a technical discipline (computer science, engineering, etc.) and 2 – 6 years of relevant experience.
- Experience with Microsoft Powe Platforms and Dynamics 365 and VA Integration Services (VEIS) developed APIs.
- Experience with Human Centered Design and UserCentered Design (UCD).
Pay Range:Pay Range $78,000.00 - $120,000.00 - $162,000.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.