The Leidos C4ISR Operation of the Defense Group is seeking an experienced Senior Capture Manager to support the pursuit of opportunities across the Department of Defense.
The Senior Capture Manager is responsible for the capture leadership of assigned opportunities in support of the C4ISR growth strategy. The Senior Capture Manager must thrive in an environment where they are responsible for the management and execution of the full Capture life-cycle process across multiple simultaneous pursuits and proposals. The Senior Capture Manager will routinely be assigned 2-3 large (>$50M) pursuits at various stages of capture at the same time. The ideal candidate will have previously served as a capture manager with proven experience supporting DoD C4ISR customers and have a network of contacts.
Successful candidates will have the ability to conceptualize a vision for winning, to develop a capture plan that implements the vision and translates into win themes, to adjust the vision as the procurement unfolds, and to focus and manage the capture activities and team (internal and external) to achieve the vision through final proposal submission and assist in preparing the execution team to perform quickly post award.
- Develop a plan for securing knowledge and understanding of the customer’s requirements, issues, and needs during the pursuit and capture phases and lead planning sessions with core team
- Coordinate meetings with customers, competitors, clients, and teammates to develop market insight on requirements, acquisition strategy, acquisition timing, and contract vehicle choices
- Plan and participate in capture activities, to include opportunity gate reviews, color team reviews, collaboration and workshop sessions, and proposal reviews.
- Lead competitive assessments, teaming, and price-to-win efforts
- Develop the overall win strategy and perform the associated marketing for assigned opportunities
- Develop, organize, and execute significant capture activities, including building industry teams, assessing win probability, and executing customer call plans to shape acquisitions
- Interacts routinely with all levels of Operation and Group management, infrastructure POCs, staff, and customers
- Support the writing of white papers, RFI responses, and other proposal artifacts as assigned
- Apply a practical application (including documentation) of the Leidos capture planning process and practices
- Brief capture status to senior management at specified milestones in the capture process, when material changes occur and as needed
- Support other business development activities as assigned
- Conduct after action reviews for all business opportunity capture participants to document lessons learned and identify necessary adjustments to capture technique, strategy, and actions
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (business/marketing, engineering or computer science) and 15+ years of related experience or Master’s degree with 12+ years of prior relevant experience. Additional experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Leadership skills to develop, organize and execute significant capture activities, including building industry teams, assessing win probability, and executing customer call plans to shape acquisitions in order to respond to and win business with new and existing customers
- Proven track record of successful capture management in the C4ISR market across multiple organizations and program offices in the Department of Defense at a variety of acquisition sizes
- Knowledge of Government contracting, current acquisition trends and customer buying behaviors.
- Knowledge of competitors and ability to model competitor behaviors in the market.
- Proven experience leading and working with virtual and geographically diverse teams.
- Proven ability to collaborate within and across organizational boundaries.
- Strong written and oral communication skills with prior experience presenting to senior executives, peers, and customers.
- Technical writing and proposal development experience.
- Willingness to travel to other U.S. cities and OCONUS to support customer visits and strategy workshops.
- Estimated up to 50% annually as required
- Ability to obtain a Top Secret security clearance
- Experience with Army/Navy/Air Force C4ISR systems highly desired.
- Program Management, Business Development or Systems Engineering experience a plus.
- Completed professional training in Business Development / Capture Management
- Advanced degree in related field
Pay Range:Pay Range $142,350.00 - $219,000.00 - $295,650.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.