Leidos is seeking Network Administrator responsible for supporting Future Flight Service Program (FFSP) within the Leidos Civil group. FFSP encompasses the design, engineering, deployment and maintenance of flight service integrated systems that allow for efficient delivery of information to the general aviation community. 24x7x365 Flight Service IT Operations is a complex multi-platform environment that supports general aviation pilots’ safety flight briefings, search and rescue activities, ground to ground, and air to ground communications systems. IT Operations are governed by Service level Agreements (SLA) and where interruption to services can have an adverse effect on pilot safety and affect the delivery of services within the SLA agreements.
Network Administrator responsibilities:
• Provide after-hours support, working independently to resolve reported issues, implement new hardware into production computer rooms, complete activities that can’t be done during first and mid-shifts to minimize risks associated with equipment changes & implementations in active production FFSP operational computer rooms.
• Evaluate risk associated with planned implementations processes, monitors associated risks and communicates changing risk assessments while performing implementation activities in the event of abnormal system feedback.
• Provides technical analysis and research in data network planning, engineering, including, design analysis for implementation techniques and tools for the most efficient solution to network problems.
• Maintains technical expertise in all areas of network and computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, such as routers, multiplexers, hubs, bridges, gateways, etc.
Coordinates third-party maintenance for network and office automation equipment and troubleshoots problems with department users and other department network administrators.
• Responsible for “Break/Fix” on all FS21 operational enterprise equipment 24x7x365 and systems as directed by the FFSP NOC Ticketing System.
• Responsible for all software support within the facility and all systems within the facility in all aspects of daily LAN/WAN administrative support.
• Works independently after-hours supporting Maintenance Window hardware installations on third shift for the installation of new hardware into production operations for the Flight Service computer rooms and FS21 Operations room floor equipment.
• Asset Inventories, Asset Database updates, DEPOT area upkeep and organization
• Responsible for creating implementation plans/technical solutions for approved Hardware Change Requests, coordinates implementation activities with other support areas, and implements planned changes to production environments.
• Responsible for coordinating Leidos Corporate technical resources to solve complex network/application/system problems encountered in FFSP daily operations.
• Provide Voice PBX moves, adds, & changes for the Avaya IP502 V2 PBX
• Responsible for Operational Support to the new Voice Communications Systems supporting FFSP Flight Service Operations
• Providing Ground to Ground and Air to Ground communications support.
Provide Operational Systems Hardware Engineering support to production Flight Service Enterprise Network by installing and supporting the following:
o Includes installation and support of all Production Desktop Workstations
o Includes installation and support of all Production Network Router/Switch/Firewall Components
o Includes installation and support of all Production Telco interfaces and demarc points.
o Includes installation and support of all Production Servers and system components.
o IT Patching and associated monthly Security Update Support for Servers and Workstations
• Requires Bachelors of Science and 4+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2+ years of prior relevant experience.
• Must be familiar with all aspects of administering administrative domain resource activities and the processes ensuring a secure and viable internal Leidos and FFSP FS21 deployed systems
• Proven IT Operational support/management/control of Desktops, Notebooks,
and Servers. Experience supporting Network hardware CISCO (Switches/Routers)
• Microsoft MCSE, NET+
• Solid background in Desktop/Server/ & Network installation and Support
• 4+ Years of solid diverse LAN/WAN support to enterprise networks.
• Hardware Engineering Installation Support
• Telecommunications Support – Installation of T1 to T3 Data and Voice Services
• Generally, M-F, 8 Hour Shift, 40 Hours per week
• Be able to support emergency & off Hours Support
• Critical Maintenance Window (Scheduled) 10:00pm to 6:00am, M-Th
• Critical Maintenance Window (Emergency) 24 x 7, M-S
Pay Range:Pay Range $66,300.00 - $102,000.00 - $137,700.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.