Are you ready to join Leidos all-star team? Through training, teamwork, and exposure to challenging technical work, let Leidos show how to accelerate your career path
Leidos and the 363rd ISRW currently have an opening for an Self-Assessment Manager to work at Joint-Base Langley Eustis in Hampton, VA. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience to help the Air Combat Command Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance Major Command. The 363rd ISRW/363rd ISRG currently has an opening for an Inspection Manager in support of the Commander-s Inspection Program (CIP), on behalf of the Group Commander in accordance with Air Force Instruction (AFI) 1-2, Commander’s Responsibilities and AFI 90-305, The AF Inspection System. The IM duties include, but not limited to, managing the daily Self-Assessment Program (SAP), administration of Management Internal Control Toolset (MICT) for the staff and subordinate units, organization of monthly briefings at Group and Wing levels, scheduling formal Inspector General (IG) inspections, and training Program Managers and subordinate Squadron Self-Inspection Program Managers (SAPM).
- Manage the CCIP:
- Advise Commander and leadership team on Inspection matters
- Apply knowledge of AFI 1-2, Commander’s Responsibilities, AFI 90-201, The AF Inspection System to CCIP management
- Provides trend and pattern analysis for Wing/IG and Wing/CC to better help assess overall wing readiness
- Ensure SAP Program goals are achieved:
- Communicate commander’s guidance to unit leadership, SAPMs and PMs
- Conduct SAPM Quarterly meetings to include training and provide IG updates to units
- Execute the SAP bi-annual Assessment & Validation period in adherence with Wing’s SAP Business Rules and tasking
- Evaluate, identify areas of unmitigated risk
- Conduct one-on-one SAPM training when traveling with Inspection teams
- Manage Wing-level MICT Administration:
- Assign Work Roles and permission levels to PMs
- Conduct In-/Out-Processing of assigned members
- Track MICT Self-Assessment Checklists (SAC) and assign to PMs
- Conduct periodic reviews of MICT SACs
- Conduct periodic spot-check and Vertical Inspections of subordinate units’ programs
- Apply knowledge of applicable AFIs and references to evaluate accuracy and integrity of PM narrative responses
- Manage and Track Deficiencies in IGEMS:
- Assign IG organizational POCs and Corrective Action Plan (CAP) POCs
- Work with units to properly define CAPs
- Follow unit progress on regular basis to ensure milestone dates are respected
- Provide IGEMS training to POCs as necessary
- Submit deliverables and ensure Commanders’ readiness for CIMB:
- Coordinate with local and Geographically Separated Units (GSU) command teams
- Compile statistical data on inspection deficiencies by 1.) Function and 2.) MGA
- Track trend data on Deficiency types across Wing units
- Compile statistical data on MICT observations, notify commander if open >180 days
- Compile O-6-level briefing products for Group and Wing Commanders
- Utilize technical knowledge and experience to effectively communicate with commanders and the HHQ Inspector General elements:
- Deconflict IG Gatekeeper scheduling projections and itineraries for on-site, virtual and remote inspections
- Provide requested deliverables for IG inspections to include Unit Mission Briefings (UMBs), personnel rosters, Airman-To-IG Interview Sessions (ATIS) and Trusted Agent (TA) nominations
- Arrange local on-site workspaces for IG teams to operate, and necessary communications support
- Bachelors Degree and 15 years of experience OR a Masters Degree and 10 years of experience
- Must possess a current DoD Top Secret/SCI clearance single-scope background investigation.
- 5 years of experience in unit Self-Assessment Program management including MICT administration (Additional experience may be substituted for a related degree)
- Knowledge of IG Major Graded Areas, structure and subcomponents as they relate to inspectable content, commander’s programs and unit operations
- Strong understanding of formal project and/or program management methodologies
- Ability to lead teams of various sizes through task completion in a timely manner
- Ability to decide and act independently without oversight
- Strong written and oral communications skills
- Previous Inspector General, Wing Inspection Team (WIT) or other compliance inspection experience is desired
- Knowledge of ISR operations or training is desired
Pay Range:Pay Range $66,300.00 - $102,000.00 - $137,700.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.