The Leidos Civil Group has an opening for a Technical Program Manager, to lead a high visibility program in support of climate/environmental data initiatives with US Federal agencies. The PM will be responsible for overseeing a broad range of activities across multiple areas related to climate data collection, processing, management, research, and data analysis. The successful candidate will have experience in developing data acquisition strategies using established and cutting-edge collection tools, developing complex and novel algorithms to create actionable climate data and information products, and transitioning research products into operational data products. The successful candidate will also have a growth mindset, with proven experience winning new business and driving on-contract growth, and will be expected to expand, diversify, and enrich the science-focused climate research portfolio for Leidos Civil Group.
The Technical Program Manager (Climate) will:
- Provide technical expertise and innovative approaches in support of Leidos’ climate solutions portfolio and professional advisory services;
- Manage and owning the performance of several programs in the Leidos climate change portfolio;
- Ensure that all programs are executed within scope, schedule, and budget constraints;
- Manage staff with respect to recruitment; hiring; onboarding; career development; performance goal setting; performance evaluation and management; training requirements establishment and completion; salary administration;
- Support a strategy-to-action plan to grow and lead Leidos’ portfolio of climate solutions;
- Provide subject matter expertise across the Civil climate change portfolio on key proposal efforts.
- Bachelor's degree in climate/environmental science or a physical science and a minimum of 15 years of experience supporting climate related projects and programs; or Master’s degree with a minimum of 10 years of experience;
- Knowledge and experience with approaches to satellite data collection, algorithm development, science research, and data analysis from Civil Space Agencies;
- Experience developing innovative climate data strategies for large and complex customers, spanning the federal, state, and local government, and domestic and global non-governmental organizations;
- Experience with U.S. government climate/environmental data initiatives, particularly with NASA, USGS, NOAA, and ERDC;
- Experience with Broad Agency Announcements (BAAs) that offer high-value performance opportunities in climate science, such as NASA’s Research Opportunities in Space and Earth Sciences (ROSES) and NOAA’s Joint Venture Program.
- Certified Project Management Professional (PMP), or willingness to undergo certification upon hiring.
- Experience with federal acquisition and procurement practices;
- The ability to obtain a U.S. Government security clearance.
Pay Range:Pay Range $118,300.00 - $182,000.00 - $245,700.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.