We are in search of an Electrical Engineer to join our team in support of our customer’s weather systems organization located in Oklahoma City, OK. As a core member of the team, you will play a valuable part in supporting and executing a wide range of projects and programs related to weather sensors as well as the applications from which they are run
The ideal candidate will coordinate with other team members to develop, test, debug and deploy the Low-Level Windshear Alert System (LLWAS) system hardware and software in addition to:
- Develop related engineering documentation
- Develop and provide changes to, and revisions of, software changes to site unique adaptation files as well as airport maps as changes occur to the facility's geometry
- Develop System Support Modification (SSM) documentation for hardware modifications and/or software/firmware modifications
- Perform prototype, first article, and validation and verification testing for all hardware and software modifications
- Provide Field Support for onsite/telephone assistance and restoration, system analysis, and logging records of assistance (ROA’s) in the Data Management System
- Provide support in the upgrade of hardware components and software to address security Plan of Actions & Milestones (POA&Ms)
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering (EE) plus 4 years of related experience, or a Master’s degree with less than 2 years of experience
- Senior personnel must also possess experience in the most current electrical engineering principles and practices
- Ability to obtain public trust clearance
- Working knowledge and proficiency utilizing Microsoft Office applications to include: MS Word, MS Excel, MS Office and MS Power Point
Pay Range:Pay Range $78,000.00 - $120,000.00 - $162,000.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.