Looking for an opportunity to make an impact?
Unleash your potential at Leidos, where we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customer’s success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainably. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
If this sounds like an environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
Are you an experienced and highly qualified Swahili + another foreign language translator looking for your next challenge? Leidos has an exciting opportunity for you! We are seeking a talented linguist who can tackle a full range of activities and thrive in situations requiring a professional level of expertise. Our ideal candidate is an expert at identifying and accurately summarizing factual points and abstract concepts, and can triage documentation to isolate the most pertinent and nuanced information. You must possess excellent computer skills, including proficiency in MS Office, and have the ability to conduct basic research on the Web. Additionally, possessing excellent English-language verbal communication skills to deliver informative briefings. Join our dynamic team and put your skills to the test!
Your greatest work is ahead!
The Leidos Intelligence Group uses a wide range of capabilities in Digital Modernization, Mission Software Systems, and enabling technologies like Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning to support our customers’ mission to defend against evolving threats around the world. Our team’s focus is ensuring our intelligence customers have the right tools, technologies, and tactics to keep pace with an ever-evolving security landscape and succeed in their pursuit to protect people and critical assets. From scanning for illicit material at ports and borders to predicting future events and instability up to five years in advance, our products help customers make the world safer. To explore and learn more, click here!
Are you ready to join a team dedicated to a mission? Begin your journey of a flourishing and meaningful career, share your resume with us today!
Your Main Objective
As the Linguist, you will be tasked with a full range of activities in processing materials or participating in situations requiring general professional capabilities. Task-specific responsibilities are outlined below…
- Can accurately translate reports/texts in electronic and hard-copy formats that contain facts and some abstract language showing an ability to capture intended implications and many nuances.
- Can generally capture geopolitical, regional, ethnic, and cultural elements in text. Word choice and expression generally adhere to target language (TL) norms and means of expression specific to subject field(s) and are strong enough to allow translator to operate successively in that field.
- Able to interpret accurately. Typically, consecutive interpretation is needed, but simultaneous interpretation may be requested on rare occasions.
- Has a good understanding of one or more regional dialects.
- Review audio or internet materials and transcribes with a high degree of accuracy and expression.
- Must possess excellent English-language written communication skills for preparing reports.
- Has a good understanding of one or more regional dialects.
What Sets You Apart:
- No clearance is required to apply for the job.
- After passing the required tests, we will sponsor security clearance and upgrade existing clearances to meet the program requirements.
- TS/SCI with polygraph is required. Linguists can only begin work on contract with a fully adjudicated security clearance.
- BA/BS and/or equivalent formal military training and 4–8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2–6 years of prior relevant experience. Additional years of experience may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- Attending and passing all sponsor related training is a requirement of employment
- All candidates must take and pass a language test administered by LEIDOS/an accepted commercial testing vendor.
You Might Also Have:
- Experience deployed as a linguist advocating contingency operations.
- Knowledge of U.S. Intelligence Community, military, cryptologic, and law enforcement experience.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing in Target and English.
- Linguists who are proficient in multiple languages are strongly desired.
Travel OCONUS is a REQUIREMENT on this program. Candidate must be able to support the contract 24/7 when on travel.
At Leidos, the opportunities are boundless. We challenge our staff with interesting assignments that provide them with an opportunity to thrive, professionally and personally. For us, helping you grow your career is good business. We’re excited to learn more about you, apply today!
Pay Range:Pay Range $66,300.00 - $102,000.00 - $137,700.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.