Join a team committed to a mission!
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainable. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
Are you ready for your next career challenge?
The Leidos Defense Group at Leidos currently has an opening for a Surface Sonar Technician to work on site at Dam Neck Annex in Virginia Beach, VA. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping the Surface Sonar mission. In this mission, Leidos provides engineering and technical support for the United States Navy’s Undersea Warfare (USW) Systems. Specific systems include SQQ-89 system and associated equipment.
Are you ready to unleash your potential?
Leidos Defense Group provides a diverse portfolio of systems, solutions, and services covering land, sea, air, space, and cyberspace for customers worldwide. Solutions for Defense include enterprise and mission IT, large-scale intelligence systems, command and control, geospatial and data analytics, cybersecurity, logistics, training, and intelligence analysis and operations support. Our team is solving the world’s toughest security challenges for customers with “can’t fail” missions. To explore and learn more, click here!
Are you ready to make an impact? Begin your journey of a flourishing and meaningful career, share your resume with us today!
Responsibilities – Work you’ll do:
- Perform installation, evaluation, and test of Sonar systems to include, electrical/electronic systems, combat systems, HM&E equipment associated with shipboard Sonars.
- Plan and conduct projects for Sonar equipment of various scopes.
- Review installation drawings and electronic schematics to evaluate plans and troubleshoot issues discovered.
- May supervise small technical team during execution of a project.
- Train and mentor junior technicians.
- Review test procedures and technical documents, providing feedback and recommendations for change.
- Conduct tests and analyze results.
- Ensure serviceability of equipment delivered to installation activities.
- Provide care and protection, maintenance, and inspections of delivered equipment or material.
- Prepare reports detailing progress, remaining work to be completed, and issues encountered.
- Participate in and make recommendations to various working groups.
Required Experience, Skills, and Education:
- Need 4+ years of prior relevant experience and HS diploma or equivalent
- Experience maintaining SQQ-89 A(V)15 sonar system
- Experience in analysis, troubleshooting and repair of electrical equipment
Preferred Experience, Skills, and Education – Favorable if you have:
- Navy Sonar Technician C-school graduate
- CompTIA certification in one or more of the following: A+, Network+, or Security+
- Linux familiarity
- Copper, fiber, and data cable fabrication qualifications and experience
- Ability to obtain and maintain passport
- Must be able to maintain a DoD Secret Security Clearance
Pay Range:Pay Range $44,200.00 - $68,000.00 - $91,800.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.