Looking for an opportunity to make an impact?
Leidos is a FORTUNE 500 company bringing a mix of innovative technology and sector expertise to customers in the national security, engineering, and the health industries. At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainable. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
Your greatest work is ahead!
Leidos seeks a Chief Engineer to work with an elite team of IT professionals to maintain and implement an optimal environment for critical customer systems. The Chief Engineer is responsible for translating complex requirements into functional architecture ensuring maximum availability, performance, and security for our DoD customer, to support the development of a new solution. The Chief Engineer will be responsible for the design, documentation, and implementation of cloud infrastructure and services in support of our DoD customer, within a large complex SAFe Development construct.
This position is a named-resource in the Leidos Proposal and the resultant awarded contract. The individual will need to participate significantly in proposal development, including Orals.
Maru, under the Exploitation Services (ExServ) program, is the contract vehicle that provides the sustainment of existing Integrated Exploitation Environment (IEC) Application Services (software) and certain related exploitation features for Image Science (e.g. Advanced GEOINT Services (AGS), Image Analysis, Geospatial Analysis, and some data science applications. Maru also provides for an agile modernization of the Geospatial Exploitation Environment with a goal of seamless interoperability with other existing and emerging NGA exploitation applications. A key feature is the efficient interaction with NGA data repositories, orchestration, and identity management, as well as various exploitation tools.
- Analyze user's requirements, concepts of operations documents, and high-level architectures to develop system requirements specifications
- Analyze system requirements and leads design and development activities
- Negotiates scope and resolves challenges via planning adjustments
- Provides visibility into progress and impediments
- Facilitates problem-solving to manage risk, remove impediments, drive program-level continuous improvement, validate system characteristics, properties and behaviors, and enable early feedback
- Guide users (product owners) in formulating requirements, advises alternative approaches, and conducts feasibility studies
- Provide technical leadership for the integration of requirements, design and technology
- Incorporate new plans, designs and systems into ongoing operations Develop system architecture and system design documentation
- Guide system development and implementation planning through assessment or preparation of system engineering management plans and system integration and test plans
- Interact with the Government regarding Systems Engineering technical considerations and for associated problems, issues, or conflicts
- Responsible for the technical integrity of work performed and deliverables associated with the System Engineering area of responsibility
- Organization and execution of program reviews within a multi-contractor program
- Support the enterprise RFC Process
- Must have a TS Clearance to be considered
- Must have a Bachelor's degree and at least 12 years of experience OR a Master’s Degree and 10 years’ experience with a degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Data Analytics, or similar relevant field. Certifications and/or additional qualifications or experience will be considered.
- Experience in large scale cloud native architecture design utilizing industry security standards
- Experience and SME level understanding of architectural designs and standards for ensuring the performance, availability, and security of cloud infrastructure systems in a DOD environment.
- Proactively assesses and monitors the current state of the service, user requirements, operations requirements, security gaps and industry trends to propose and deliver a roadmap to ensure infrastructure availability, support, and adherence to security/compliance requirements.
- Ability to effectively communicate in a positive and meaningful manner with stakeholders on problem/project status, proper procedures for system evaluations, current task/project priorities and alternatives to requests for services that do not meet standards.
- DoD 8570 IAT Level II baseline certification (CCNA Security, CySA+, GICSP, GSEC, Security+ CE, CND, SSCP), or the ability to obtain within 6 months of starting
- INCOSE Certified Systems Engineering Professional (CSEP) or Expert System Engineering Professional (ESEP) certification.
- Working experience engineering solutions using Automation, Augmentation and Artificial Intelligence technologies.
- Working experience in photogrammetry, remote sensing, image science, information sciences, geographic information systems, geomatics, or related fields.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the upstream and downstream processing of government and commercial imaging systems.
- Working experience with the design and implementation of automated tools
- Working experience in the design and operations of tools requiring scientific rigor
- Working experience with the target coordinate processing, including 3D photogrammetry and geo-location error.
Pay Range:Pay Range $118,300.00 - $182,000.00 - $245,700.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.