At Leidos, everything we do is built on our commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our employees, and our communities. Our mission is to make the world safer, healthier, and more efficient through information technology, engineering, and science.
Leidos Intelligence Group has an exciting opportunity for a Systems Engineer to work within a government client’s team which designs, develops, tests, integrates and deploys solutions for mission critical requirements. The current solution is at the end of life stage, therefore new solutions need to be developed and incorporated, with new and innovative technologies being utilized to successfully meet the user requirements. The client’s objective is to design and deliver an enterprise-level system with a modular, segmented architecture that can support both large scale and small scale solutions in order to meet the requirements across a broad range of applicable use cases. In order to support the technical requirements, the client requires Information Technology (IT) activities to achieve the goal of designing, developing, testing, integrating and deploying the solutions.
The Systems Engineer will:
- Install, configure, and test operating systems, application software, and system management tools
- Support current network platforms and applications to include Cisco and Juniper
- Support unique computer based tools
- Prepare and deliver both program and user level documentation
- Provide technical systems support for project activities
- Troubleshoot the client’s complex systems
- Interact with members of the technical team leads
- Understand the current system, subsystems, and component specifications and be able to use experience to recommend changes to facilitate efficient and effective development
- Communicate and share expertise within and across the client’s organizational boundaries
- Work both independently and in small groups
- Active TS/SCI with polygraph security clearance.
- Demonstrated experience establishing standards for information systems procedures.
- Demonstrated experience troubleshooting both technical and non-technical issues.
- Demonstrated experience with Information Technology Infrastructure associated with technical projects.
- Demonstrated experience evaluating alternatives to solve complex problems.
- Demonstrated experience troubleshooting difficult problems.
Pay Range:Pay Range $118,300.00 - $182,000.00 - $245,700.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.