The Leidos Global Services Management – Operations II (GSM-O II) program has an opportunity for an intern to join our team, operating a Tier 3 Helpdesk and Test/Development lab, in support of our Federal Government customer. GSM-O II is a sole source IDIQ in the third year of a 10-year program with a $6.5B IDIQ contract ceiling. The Intern role has opportunity and responsibility to learn, maintain, and support cutting-edge hardware technologies, API-based file/message transmission gateways, and dedicated (hardware and virtual) test and development lab environments.
The Intern will focus on supporting cross-domain solution (CDS) hardware devices, developing custom policy/code to add features to and deploy customers on API-based gateways, writing scripts to automate maintenance and metrics gathering tasks, and assist the team with overall patching and maintenance, and assisting subscribers and end-users as part of the Tier 3 Helpdesk. The Intern role will interact with the Operations Tier 3 Helpdesk staff, Civilian employees of Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) and the National Security Agency (NSA), other contractors who support our customer, and end users and subscribers of the services that we provide.
This is a position that requires maintenance of an active security clearance of at least Secret, and an active (in good standing) security certification such as Security+, CISSP, etc. This is a full-time onsite position supporting a national security system located at Fort Meade, MD.
- Support Tier 3 Helpdesk by answering calls, responding to emails, and updating tickets.
- Develop and implement policy/code changes to cross-domain gateways.
- Develop scripts to automate maintenance tasks and metrics gathering.
- Build virtual servers as requested by the Operations or Engineering teams.
- Assist with testing patches and security updates in a lab environment.
- Gain proficiency in the installation and configuration of hardware cross-domain solutions.
- Provide surge support to assist other team members as necessary.
- Assist with moving, shipping, and preparing classified equipment for sanitization and destruction.
- Currently enrolled and pursuing a degree in IT or related
- Proficiency with Redhat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) and Microsoft Windows.
- Software development experience in one or more commonly used languages (Java, etc).
- Ability to write Linux and/or Powershell scripts.
- Experience with Microsoft Office products.
- Effective communication, both written and verbal
- Interest and energy toward learning about and making a positive contribution to enterprise-level cross-domain solutions.
- Execute as an individual in a constructive team environment contributing & collaborating with other team members.
- Strong analysis and organizational skills.
- Ability to pass a background investigation for the “Secret” clearance level
- US citizenship required
- Some experience in other areas of Leidos or similar industry
- Basic knowledge about cross-domain solutions
- Ability to pass a background investigation for up to the “Top Secret” clearance level
- Knowledge of networking and network devices, including Cisco switches and routers and F5 load balancers.
Pay Range:Pay Range $44,200.00 - $68,000.00 - $91,800.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.