Leidos is looking for a Senior System/Network Administrator to join a high performing agile team using the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) methodology to support a nationally significant and fast-paced program. Program execution follows DEVOPS best practices and employs robust development, test, and production environments. We are using Behavior Driven Development (BDD) and test automation tools alongside a full suite of team collaboration tools. Leidos is the prime contractor providing system engineering, development, test, integration, and operational support. The multi-year program is focused on injecting new technology and adding advanced capabilities while continuing to support an on-going mission and operational system.
The selected candidate will be responsible for performing daily system administration and O&M support activities in support of a complex network environment with geographically distributed systems. The position entails supporting system engineering requests to meet operational needs, as well as engineering, deploying, and maintaining capabilities that are new to the environment.
The selected candidate will be responsible for monitoring test infrastructure systems, applications, and processes; and for ensuring that all issues are identified, tracked, and resolved in a timely manner. She/he will provide support for server/router/firewall configuration and will perform security management and application performance optimization functions.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Maintaining a complex server-based enclave, including performing system scans, vulnerability management activities, and active directory configuration.
- Planning and implementing IT enhancements and undertaking project work.
- Identifying and correcting hardware and software issues.
- Utilizing enterprise monitoring solutions to identify alarms that have been triggered against the test infrastructure environment.
- Providing timely and professional support in response to calls and emails.
- Proactively contacting customers when test infrastructure processes are significantly delayed or may impact their ability to complete a business function on time.
- Participating in the creation and ongoing maintenance of documentation ensuring that clear, concise, and accurate information is readily available to assist with incident resolution.
- Providing technical assistance to companion work groups in support of overlapping projects and maintaining good inter-departmental relations.
- Communicating with users and publishing status of any system outages, as needed.
- Executing the process for managing information assurance vulnerability alerts (IAVAs) and system security scanning for equipment suites in accordance with the System Security Plans for these systems in order to identify and remediate IAVAs rapidly and accurately.
- Initiating IAVA responses and system security scans, completing remediation, extending IAVA patches and security updates to designated sites, and executing monthly security scans.
- Responding to system administration, operations, and maintenance problems while off duty, on an on-call basis.
Security Clearance Requirement:
- Candidates must possess an active TS/SCI with polygraph clearance to be considered for this role.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical field and a minimum of twelve (12) years of prior relevant experience or master’s degree and ten (10) years of prior relevant experience. Additional experience may be substituted for a Degree.
- Must have a minimum of six (6) years of experience with Microsoft Windows and Linux server administration (RHEL and/or CentOS) in an enterprise environment (including both hardware installs and virtual machines).
- A minimum of seven (7) years of experience providing support for users and systems in Information Technology and/or information security environments.
- At least two (2) years of experience with network switches, routers, and firewalls from Cisco, Juniper, or similar enterprise vendors.
- Must have extensive experience with Microsoft-based servers, databases, and workstations.
- Must have in-depth experience with VMware and Linux server instances and extensive network infrastructures (LAN and WAN).
- Must have experience in or familiarity with the following systems: Windows/Linux operating systems, VMware, and Networking: Switches, Routers, LANs, & cabling.
- Must have a solid understanding of advanced security protocols and standards, and information security principles and practices.
- Must have in-depth experience with software and security architectures.
- Must have experience providing assistance to users, optimizing system operations, and monitoring IT enterprise systems.
- Must possess strong analytic abilities and must be meticulous and careful in their work.
- Must be an independent thinker capable of working proficiently independently as well as within a team.
- Must be committed to adopting and adhering to best practices including compliance with maintenance windows and change control procedures.
- May be asked to perform short duration travel to non-hostile CONUS locations for tasks such as system upgrades and installs.
- Experience documenting and providing information for security accreditation and certification.
- Experience with Network Security Technologies (e.g., Multiple Domain, PKI, SSP, Vulnerability Assessment).
- Experience with High Assurance Internet Protocol Encryptor (HAIPE) devices for In-line Network Encryption.
- Experience with a variety of switches, firewalls, and network load balancers in an enterprise network environment.
- Experience in a System Administration role supporting a software configuration management and development environment.
Pay Range:Pay Range $105,300.00 - $162,000.00 - $218,700.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.