Join a team committed to a mission!
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainable. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
Are you ready for your next career challenge?
The Leidos Defense Group is seeking a Quality Engineer at our Chesapeake, VA office to join our team in the Quality Assurance Department Program which provides quality assurance, control, inspection and technical installation support for PEO IWS5 NAVSEA SONAR SQQ-89 A(V)15 and NIWC (Naval Information Warfare Center) C4ISR installation programs.
Are you ready to unleash your potential?
Leidos Defense Group provides a diverse portfolio of systems, solutions, and services covering land, sea, air, space, and cyberspace for customers worldwide. Solutions for Defense include enterprise and mission IT, large-scale intelligence systems, command and control, geospatial and data analytics, cybersecurity, logistics, training, and intelligence analysis and operations support. Our team is solving the world’s toughest security challenges for customers with “can’t fail” missions. To explore and learn more, click here!
Are you ready to make an impact? Begin your journey of a flourishing and meaningful career, share your resume with us today!
Responsibilities – Work you’ll do:
- Perform QA oversight and inspections on electrical, electronic and mechanical system installation projects for DDG and CG class ships.
- Assist team lead and project manager with the installation quality assurance and quality control and prevention efforts. Conduct and support necessary test and inspections for installation projects.
- Monitor and assure the installation items identified in the contract, SOW, task orders, and installation drawings are in accordance with the applicable military, commercial, OSHA, local standards for a quality product.
- Be a quality liaison between ship force, shipyard, and NAVSEA customer personnel to prevent, resolve and correct installation quality & safety issues and discrepancies.
- Develop, prepare and review quality plans of action for each ship or shore installation projects from start to finish IAW with the NAVESA, SOW, contract requirements.
- Develop, prepare and review Test and Inspection QA workbooks and documentation for each ship or shore installation projects from start to finish IAW with the NAVESA 009-04 and 9090-310 requirements.
- Prepare Quality Control Reports for each project site from start to finish. Input and maintain the report data in the applicable inspection system data base or documented information reporting format including gathering trend data
- Knowledge of Method A, B, C, D corrective actions, determine and write effective corrective and preventive actions, and root cause analysis.
- Perform and support the installation, fabrication and wiring of shipboard system Multi-pin Connectors, Fiber Optics, CAT5, Electrical Cable & Cableways, Multi- Cable Penetrations, Electrical Equipment Power Panels, Transformers and Load Centers/Switch Boards and Bonding/Grounding.
- Perform I, V and G test and inspections on Multi-pin Connectors, Fiber Optics, CAT5, Electrical Cable & Cableways, Multi- Cable Penetrations, Electrical Equipment Power Panels, Transformers and Load Centers/Switch Boards, Bonding/Grounding, Electrical Safety and Surface Preservation
Required Experience, Skills, and Education:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college in the related Quality Engineering/ Assurance discipline and less than 2 years work experience related to Quality Engineering/Assurance (additional experience, education and training may be considered in lieu of degree).
- Minimum 4+ years of combined Shipboard Electrical/Electronic Systems Installations and Quality Control/Inspector experience.
- OSHA 10 hour 7615 Maritime Shipyard Employment Qualified.
- Must have or be able to possess a valid passport.
- Proficient with MS Office and strong oral and written communication.
- Experience in interfacing with the government and navy representative and personnel.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds and climb up and go down ladders.
Preferred Experience, Skills, and Education – Favorable if you have:
- Shipboard/Submarine Electrical/Electronic Cable and Cableway Inspector Qualified.
- Shipboard/Submarine Electrical/Electronic Connector Fabricator or Inspector Qualified.
- Shipboard/ Submarine Fiber optic Cable Handler, Installer, Fabricator, or Inspector Qualified.
- Experience in Shipboard/Submarine basic wiring and inspections of electrical/electronic equipment and connection boxes.
- Experience with reading and understanding shipboard or submarine system drawings (i.e. electrical, structural, mechanical).
- Visual TEMPEST Inspector.
- Level II NDT visual VT and PT Inspector of structural welds, piping to meet NAVSEA requirements.
- Understand and familiar with the welding requirements for Level II visual VT and PT observations or inspections of structural welds, piping to meet NAVSEA requirements.
- SCP ShipYard Competent Person.
- NAVSEA PAINT Inspector.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain an active Secret Security Clearance.
Pay Range:Pay Range $46,800.00 - $72,000.00 - $97,200.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.