The National Airspace Systems Integration Support (NISC IV) program at Leidos is seeking a Civil Engineering Drafter to work out of our Kansas City, MO office. This professional will provide support to the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Central Service Area (CSA) Engineering Services Terminal Facilities Team.
Will support the development of site-specific project plans, specifications, and cost estimates suitable for contracting, solicitation, and construction/installation for FAA approval. Provide support for the completion of project engineering packages (i.e. scope of work, site survey, listing of property sources, Operational Risk Management (ORM), airspace cases, drawing and specifications, any special requirements or provisions, project schedule, allotted completion time, etc.) for assigned projects. Provide engineering designs to assist in planning, budget, program, and coordinate the development and implementation of Facilities and Equipment (F&E) and Capital Investment Plan (CIP) projects.
- Provide technical support to the Engineering Center, for accomplishment of project engineering packages by developing site specific project plans and specifications for solicitation and contracting of engineering projects for FAA approval and acceptance.
- Perform site surveys to collect site-specific project data and research all (state, local, federal, FAA, etc.) standards, construction codes and ordinances.
- Provide analysis, recommendations, and solutions to issues identified during the site survey.
- Prepare summary trip reports within two working days of trip completion. Reports will include compiled and completed project documents as follows:
- Scope of work and project transmittal.
- Drawing and specification lists.
- Furnish information required for the preparation of Purchase Requests (PR) for assigned projects.
- Furnish information required for the preparation of NAS Change Proposals (NCP) for assigned projects.
- Prepare Airspace case documents.
- Assessment of engineering impacts on Environmental & Safety Compliance Program Project checklists.
- Drawings and specifications.
- Engineering cost estimate for project plans per FAA Standard/guidelines.
- Estimated completion time and project schedule.
- Provide technical engineering support for all phases of assigned new construction and renovation projects (i.e. evaluate shop drawings, design proposals, and interpret the technical requirements for adherence to contract documents).
- Participate in Joint Acceptance Inspections (JAI) and Contractor Acceptance Inspections (CAI) on all assigned projects and provide recommended resolutions on all items relating to engineering.
- Perform engineering studies for feasibility and cost versus benefit.
- Develop project drawings in accordance with the FAA Standard/guidelines.
- General Engineering Degree (B.S.). Minimum 2 to 4 years of experience as Project Engineer with Civil Engineering Design and experience with tower, shelter and similar structures.
- Proficiency with AutoCad/Microstation
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suites
- Ability to Obtain a Public Trust Clearance
- Ability to Travel up to 25%
- Knowledge of Unstaffed Infrastructure Sustainment (UIS) facilities
- Knowledge of National Airspace System Equipment Tower (NASET), National Airspace System Equipment Building (NASEB), Heating Ventilating and Air Conditioning (HVAC), power, general building construction techniques, Hazardous Materials (HAZMAT)s, fire detection, security, site work
- Knowledge of shelters, roofing, and structures such as communication towers, Navigational Aids, and earthwork including roads and trenching.
- Knowledge of Corporate Work Plan (CWP) 4.1.12
Pay Range:Pay Range $54,600.00 - $84,000.00 - $113,400.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.