The Civil Group of Leidos is seeking a Manager, Subcontracts to support its Energy, Infrastructure and Automation and Security Enterprise Solutions Operations. This position may operate remotely from any location in the U.S.
This role will lead full life cycle (“cradle-to-grave”) indirect and direct subcontract management activities for various international, commercial, and civil government (Federal/State/Local) programs. This role will remotely manage a team of approximately six (6) geographically dispersed subcontracts administrators and buyers. This role will support a team in multiple time zones.
The Manager, Subcontracts will oversee and manage overall procurement compliance for assigned programs in accordance with contract requirements, company policies and procedures, and applicable laws and acquisition regulations. The selected candidate will be a motivated leader and a self-starter who can work independently and as part of a team in a dynamic environment.
- This role reports to the Director, Subcontracts.
The Manager, Subcontracts’ team is responsible for indirect and direct activities that span the entire procurement cycle (Pre-Proposal, Proposal, Contract Award and Close-out), including but not limited to: negotiation of non-disclosure agreements (NDAs) and teaming agreements, preparation of solicitation packages to subcontractors, evaluation of subcontractor proposals, price analysis, negotiation of terms and conditions, subcontract and purchase order administration, issue resolution, and closeout activities.
- Business Acumen: Understands the various operations and functions with Leidos, and utilizes this knowledge, in conjunction with general business principles and concepts, to achieve outcomes that are beneficial to Leidos. Assists team with supplier negotiations.
- Collaboration: Team oriented and proactively engages across functions (contracts, finance, business development) and program teams to meet mission objectives. Addresses conflict in a positive manner, through to resolution, and makes value add contributions towards the success of the mission. Acts as primary interface between the assigned procurement team and the Operations leaders for all procurement related issues.
- Communication: Conveys information clearly, accurately and convincingly (written and verbal); recognizes the importance of listening to and understanding the needs of others. Gains support and commitment for action by asserting own ideas and persuading others; knows how to negotiate and uses tactics to drive successful outcomes.
- Creative Thinking & Problem Solving: Systematically and logically analyzes risk and situations, identifies causes, and derives executable, creative solutions for operational challenges and identified customer issues.
- Customer Relationship Management: Builds partnership with internal and external customers based on understanding of customer missions and visions. Develops a keen sensitivity to customer issues.
- Domain Knowledge: Demonstrates thorough knowledge of the policies and procedures governing the subject matter of procurement. Leverages knowledge to enhance execution in order to meet or exceed internal and external customer requirements. Audits team procurement files to ensure compliance with Leidos requirements.
- Leadership & Personal Development: Drives the resolution of issues and challenges while also playing an active role in the development of peers and subordinates. Trains and mentors procurement staff. Energizes team to ensure mission success. Demonstrates initiative, inside and outside Leidos, in the pursuit and application of new information, processes and techniques. Leverages learning skills to adapt to changing environments. Exemplifies Leidos Core Values and successfully develops against the four (4) Leidos Leadership Imperatives: Know Yourself to Lead Yourself and Others, Shape High Performing Teams, Operate for Business Impact and Deliver Results.
- Project Management & Process Improvements: Identifies and manages the activities and processes required to achieve strong organizational and customer goals. Assigns work to and reviews the work of subcontract administrators and buyers with varying years of experience. Continuously seeks to evaluate and enhance the processes used in procurement execution.
- Systems & Technical: Understands and utilizes existing systems and tooling to the benefit of programs and functional execution. Identifies opportunities to enhance execution through the use of new and/or existing systems and tools.
- Time Management: Proactively manages time to accomplish individual and team goals while also addressing varying expectations and conflicting priorities. Able to develop a schedule of performance and complete required activities within the desired timeframe.
Manages a team that:
- Negotiates NDAs and Teaming Agreements
- Develops prime contract flow down documents.
- Creates moderate to complex RFP solicitations in accordance with customer and Leidos requirements.
- Coordinates closely with the Contract Administrator assigned to program to ensure subcontracting activities and prime contract flow downs are carried out in a manner consistent with prime contract requirements and operational objectives.
- Evaluates supplier proposal responses.
- Conducts price and cost analysis.
- Negotiates pricing and terms/conditions with suppliers.
- Administers subcontracts and purchase orders of various types and complexity to include indirect and direct services and indirect and direct materials for international, commercial and civil government programs.
- Performs subcontract and purchase order close-out activities.
Education and Experience:
- Typically requires a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or a related field with 5 years of prior relevant experience or Master’s degree with 3 years of prior relevant experience.
- Must be a US Citizen.
- International services subcontracts and materials buying experience.
- Commercial subcontracts and materials buying experience.
- Government (Federal/State/Local) subcontracts and materials buying experience.
- Experience remotely coaching and training a team of 5+ people.
- Experience in subcontracting for services.
- Experience negotiating terms and conditions for services and materials.
- Successful track record of managing a variety of subcontract types (FFP, TM, CP)
- Experience interfacing with internal customers, other functional support staff and suppliers.
- Strong organizational, written and oral communication skills.
- Must be able to work independently, establish priorities, and meet deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast paced environment.
- Working knowledge of the FAR.
- Costpoint experience.
- Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint experience.
- Manufacturing experience a plus.
Pay Range:Pay Range $84,500.00 - $130,000.00 - $175,500.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.