Global Information Grid (GIG) Service Management-Operations II (GSM-O II), a Defense Group of Leidos has an opening for a Unified Communications (UC) engineer. Our customer is the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) located at Scott AFB, IL OR Hill AFB, UT, providing Defense Information System Network (DISN) enterprise network services to the department of Defense (DoD), 4th estate and national security organizations.
- Support maintaining a large, complex and highly resilient Cisco based enterprise IP voice and video communications infrastructure.
- Manage, configure, troubleshoot and assure service supporting all aspects of an enterprise voice, video and data network. Must be organized, document oriented, possess skills in diagramming, and understand WAN principals.
- Perform system maintenance, support capacity planning activities and complete configuration change actions and documentation efforts.
- Configure and implement calling search spaces, route plans, route partitions, route lists and device profiles.
- Troubleshoot and configure Cisco routing and switching devices.
- Support distributed firewall infrastructure.
- Develop technical policy, work instructions and reporting in support of an enterprise IP telephony network.
- Troubleshoot and resolve complex technical problems utilizing foundational knowledge of SIP signaling and call-flows.
- Troubleshoot remote site registration, signaling and media problems.
- Validate change requests and ensure accuracy.
- Manage troubleshoot and configure voice subscribers, call handlers and call routing rules.
- Manage troubleshoot and configure Cisco and or Juniper routing and switching rules.
- Expertise in SIP internetworking signaling and call flow.
- Requires BS degree and 2-4 years of prior relevant experience. Additional experience, education and training may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Experience with one or multiple Cisco, Avaya or Oracle voice platforms including Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM), Cisco Unity, Cisco Unified Border Element (CUBE), Oracle Session Border Controller (SBC) and Avaya AS5300, Avaya Aura Application Server.
- Demonstrable experience of advanced troubleshooting to isolate and diagnose network problems for routing, switching, security and large-scale voice implementations.
- DoD 8570 IAT II (Security+)
- Currently possess an active Secret security clearance.
- Working knowledge of Secure Real-Time Transport Protocol (SRTP) including associated G.711 and G.729 codecs and Digital Tone Multi Frequency (DTMF).
- Experience with Oracle SBCs and voice media gateway appliances.
- Experience creating/supporting IPSec MPLS VPN infrastructure
- Experience implementing and supporting BGP routing protocols
- Experience designing, configuring and troubleshooting QoS classification, marking and prioritization of network traffic (voice, critical applications, etc.).
- Familiarity with IPSec implementation and troubleshooting.
Pay Range:Pay Range $54,600.00 - $84,000.00 - $113,400.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.