Looking for an opportunity to make an impact?
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainably. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
Leidos Engineering has an opportunity for a Supervising Project Manager who will manage a team of project management professionals working alongside planners, engineers, and operators for various Power Delivery Solutions (PDS) Division programs and projects. The position will have both internal and client facing responsibilities, focused on driving scope execution, schedule and resource management, financial management, contract management, and risk mitigation.
The Supervising Project Manager will be part of an established Project Management Office (PMO) within the PDS Division that provides consulting services to both public-owned and investor-owned electric utilities. These consulting services provide clients with comprehensive project management for the design and construction of electrical transmission and distribution, substation, and telecommunication projects nationwide.
Are you ready to make an impact? Begin your journey of a flourishing and meaningful career. Share your resume with us today!
- Manage various sized capital Substation, Distribution line, and Transmission line projects
- Take lead in communicating and maintaining relationships with clients and other stakeholders across the business
- Responsible for overall project performance including management of the scope, schedule, budget, and safety performance, and developing recovery plans as needed to stay within approved limits
- Work with Engineering Leads, Supervisors and Managers to track and execute client deliverables
- Create and maintain project schedules
- Develop controls reports to produce weekly/monthly statuses for client and internal management
- Interface directly with the client and internal management to report on progress, costs, schedule, and risks across a portfolio of projects
- Assist with the preparation of proposal and bid documents; develop requests for proposal responses and cost estimates
- Create and maintain comprehensive project dashboard reports and KPI tracking
- Monthly client invoicing
- Ensure project teams have the tools and training necessary to successfully execute their work
- Manage and supervise up to eight (8) direct reports
What Sets You Apart:
- Bachelor’s degree in the following disciplines: Engineering, Business or Finance required
- Four plus (4+) years of relevant Project Management experience preferred
- Must have the capability for planning, organizing, directing, and tracking technical efforts on assigned tasks
- Experience with MS Project and/or WorkFront PM Platforms
- Should be capable of tracking cost and schedule status of assigned tasks
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with project teams
- Must be able to interact with customer representatives in an effective manner
- Must have demonstrated success with a team approach to the consulting business
- Strong writing and verbal communication skills
- Periodic travel is required
You Might Also Have:
- Familiarity with electric power industry and knowledge of business issues associated with power delivery services
- Accounting or Operations Management background
- Should be good with Excel, analytics, and mathematics
- PMP Certification
Leidos Engineering is a trusted and future-focused solutions provider. Utilities consistently come to Leidos for reliable power expertise, as reflected through our work with more than 50 investor-owned utilities and more than 160 municipals/cooperatives across the country as well as a growing number of local utility providers and private developers. Our project portfolio includes large energy projects for electric utilities, power generation owners, and industrial clients. In addition, Leidos works with an established group of industry-leading construction partners delivering meaningful energy delivery solutions. Our recognition as an industry leader is confirmed by the latest national rankings by Engineering News-Record (ENR) ranking Leidos within: the Top 10 T&D Firms, Top 10 Program Management Firms, and Top 20 Power Firms
Pay Range:Pay Range $66,300.00 - $102,000.00 - $137,700.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.