The Leidos Health Group is seeking a Capture Director to lead large captures that are highly complex, strategic and high dollar value, and simultaneously provide oversight and guidance to strategic priority captures to drive better quality, efficiency, and overall success securing new business.
This individual will oversee the development and mentorship of assigned capture managers, ensure quality of win themes and proposal artifacts, and partner with the business, functional teams, and corporate Capture Operations & Excellence (CO&E) to support the Group’s priority pursuits. The Capture Director will partner with the Health Group BD SVP to ensure strategy and approach are in-line with business goals. Success will include
- Increasing win rates
- Improving capture efficiency and quality
- Filling key capture positions
- Supporting strategic capture efforts
- Providing mentorship and guidance of Capture Managers
- Partner with the SVP of Business Development to ensure success across all capture efforts, with specific attention on strategic captures, capture recovery, early shaping and differentiation.
- Support development of win strategies, strategic teaming, pricing strategies, customer call plans to shape acquisitions, and capture life cycle activities to win new business
- The candidate is expected to exercise sound judgment; regularly interact with executive leadership, functional staff, and customers; and display a high degree of tact and diplomacy.
- Coordinate with Capture Operations and Excellence (CO&E) for corporate resources and engagement and ensure pull through of corporate technologies, and emerging technologies in the market.
- Characteristics for success include: familiarity with Leidos capture process and practices, strategic thinking, analytical presentation and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are required
- Plan and participate in capture activities, to include white papers, RFIs, proposal development workshops, opportunity gate reviews, collaboration sessions, and proposal reviews.
- Conduct after action reviews for all business opportunities, document lessons learned and identify necessary adjustments to capture technique, strategy, and actions.
- Bachelor's degree and at least 15 years of Business Development related experience, including 12 years supervising or leading teams or projects.
- Successful track record leading and winning captures of significance, and associated win rates
- Demonstrated working knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), Leidos proposal process, and understanding of Leidos products and services.
- Proactive, attention to detail, strong project management, and organizational skills and diplomatic, persuasive and articulate communication skills
- Strong leadership and business acumen. Agile, highly motivated, detail-oriented, and self-directed individual.
- Demonstrated experience effectively coaching, mentoring, and training capture managers.
- US Citizenship required, must be able to obtain and maintain a Public Trust government security clearance.
- A technical degree is highly desired. Advanced degree preferred
- Prior experience managing geographically-dispersed teams.
- Experience with federal government budget, investments and acquisition processes
- Ability to operate independently with limited supervision and feedback
- Business development familiarity within the Health market and larger health industry base
- A proven history and bias for action
Pay Range:Pay Range $142,350.00 - $219,000.00 - $295,650.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.