Looking for an opportunity to make an impact?
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainably. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
Leidos Engineering has an opportunity for a Senior Transmission & Distribution Project Manager who will work alongside senior engineering and construction management to support major clients within the Power Delivery Solutions division. We are currently seeking qualified applicants to provide Project Management Services related to transmission line, substation, and distribution line power delivery projects located in the state of Florida.
The Project Manager will be part of an established Project Management Office that provides consulting services to public-owned and investor-owned electric utilities. These consulting services provide clients with overall project management tasks in the areas of comprehensive engineering design of electrical transmission and distribution, substation, and transmission line projects nationwide.
Your greatest work is ahead!
The Mission Leidos Engineering is a trusted and technology-focused solutions provider. Utilities and mobile operators rely on our Power Delivery Services Team for reliable power and telecommunication expertise, as reflected through our work with more than 50 investor-owned utilities, more than 160 municipals/cooperatives, as well as a growing number of mobile operators, local utility providers and private developers. In addition to providing engineering and project management services, Leidos works with an established group of industry-leading construction partners delivering meaningful Power Delivery Solutions. Our recognition as an industry leader is confirmed by the latest national rankings by Engineering News-Record (ENR) ranking Leidos within the Top 10 T&D Firms, and Top 10 Power Firms. To explore and learn more, click here!
Are you ready to make an impact? Begin your journey of a flourishing and meaningful career. Share your resume with us today!
- Independently manage capital projects, ensuring all phases of approved project assignments are completed efficiently and within scope, schedule and budget
- Interface with utility management personnel groups including planning, asset management, engineering, construction, siting, public outreach, and regulatory relations, legal and administrative departments
- Client stakeholder engagement will involve progress reporting, capital expenditure forecasting, earned value financial management, schedule adherence and risk mitigation across a portfolio of substation, transmission and distribution projects
- Managing various sized transmission and distribution electric utility projects for public-owned and investor-owned electric utilities
- Responsible for coordinating internal (Leidos) and client project team resources to achieve project objectives
- Responsible for overall project performance as well as managing the scope, schedule, budget, and safety performance
- Ensures project costs, schedule and scope are managed, including the development of recovery plans, to stay within stakeholder approved project limits
- Driving work products by coordinating and working with Engineering Leads and Managers to track and execute client deliverables
- Assist with the preparation of bid documents, development of requests for proposal responses and cost estimates
- Proposal development: including scope, schedule, and budget development
- Writing comprehensive and technical project reports
- Responsible for coordinating client billing and invoice resolution
- Creation and maintenance of comprehensive project dashboard reports and KPI tracking
What Sets You Apart:
- Senior Level: Bachelor’s degree in the following disciplines: Engineering, Construction Management, Business or Finance required with a minimum of eight (8) + years of relevant experience as a Project Manager
- SME Level: Bachelor’s degree in the following disciplines: Engineering, Construction Management, Business or Finance required with a minimum of eight (12) + years of relevant experience as a Project Manager
- Periodic travel is required
You Might Also Have:
- PMP Certification preferred
- Expertise in electric power infrastructure projects
- Must demonstrate recent and in-depth expertise in electric power infrastructure projects and transmission and distribution design
- Experience developing schedules using either MS Project or P6
- Engineering background is desired but not required
- Must have demonstrated success with a team approach to the consulting business
- Strong writing and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with electric power industry and knowledge of business issues associated with power delivery services
Leidos Engineering is a trusted and future-focused solutions provider. Utilities consistently come to Leidos for reliable power expertise, as reflected through our work with more than 50 investor-owned utilities and more than 160 municipals/cooperatives across the country as well as a growing number of local utility providers and private developers. Our project portfolio includes large energy projects for electric utilities, power generation owners, and industrial clients. In addition, Leidos works with an established group of industry-leading construction partners delivering meaningful energy delivery solutions. Our recognition as an industry leader is confirmed by the latest national rankings by Engineering News-Record (ENR) ranking Leidos within the Top 10 T&D Firms, Top 10 Program Management Firms, and Top 20 Power Firms
Pay Range:Pay Range $84,500.00 - $130,000.00 - $175,500.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.