Leidos is looking for a Senior Test Lead Engineer for a large Tech Package that is part of a very large, complex system development and integration effort. The selected candidate will develop a testing strategy to cover the various types of testing required to ensure Requirements Verification and Quality Assurance of deployed releases. She/he will work with customer Test Leads and the internal program System, Test, and Development teams to drive the strategy and perform software testing through all levels of software integration testing in an Agile process and DEVOPS framework. She/he will support the software configuration management process and be responsible for learning and understanding software components and their interface requirements. The selected candidate will produce and execute test plans and procedures which will be reviewed and witnessed by external organizations.
- Coordinate with Program Management and customer test stakeholders to establish testing priorities and test event schedules.
- Work with System Level Test Teams and responsible Scrum Masters to identify the tasking and resources needed to perform the test environment prep, test procedure development, and informal and formal testing.
- Work with the Automated Test development team and responsible Scrum Masters to identify the tasking and resources needed to perform the automated test environment prep, create manual to automated test procedure conversion development, and conduct informal and formal automated testing.
- Identify required GFE and other dependencies required to successful complete program release testing events.
- Interface with software engineers, system engineers, information assurance engineers, and other project team members using the Agile Scrum methodology.
- Direct the implementation of Behavior Driven Development (BDD) practices within the program’s agile framework to ensure the proper degree of engineering rigor is applied to all assigned tasks.
- Perform and oversee regression testing, covering a full suite of Operational Test Scenarios for builds and/or images to be delivered to the customer.
- Interact with customer POCs in preparing for and conducting formal test milestones (Test Readiness Reviews, Test Results Reviews, etc.), coordinate customer witnessing of formal tests, and provide test resource support for customer test events.
- Prepare test deliverable documents, to include Test Plans, Test Descriptions, and Test Reports.
- Manage test automation through the continuous integration process.
Security Clearance Requirement:
- Must have an active TS/SCI with a polygraph in order to be considered for this role.
- Bachelor’s Degree in System Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering Science, Engineering Management, or a related field and at minimum of twelve (12) years of related experience. Additional experience may be substituted for a Degree.
- Must have experience providing technical direction on complex projects.
- Must have experience documenting test procedures based on acceptance criteria derived from system requirements.
- Experience documenting test results for corrective actions, reports, and audits is required.
- Experience in testing systems from existing system and functional specifications is required.
- Must have experience with implementing regression testing for software-based systems.
- Must have experience analyzing test data, using configuration management tools, and testing applications.
- Must have experience leading test efforts in an Agile Scrum process environment.
- Must have excellent written and communication skills.
- Ten (10) years of experience in a management role on a large technical government contract is highly desirable.
- Extensive experience managing schedule and overseeing resources on multi-faceted, complex projects.
- At least seven (7) years of direct, hands-on experience in testing or software development on an Agile team is highly desirable.
- In-depth experience working with individuals within the following groups: software development, testing, integration, deployment, and sustainment.
- Experience coordinating with customer technical POCs on a large technical government contract is highly desirable.
Pay Range:Pay Range $118,300.00 - $182,000.00 - $245,700.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.