We are looking for a Senior VoIP engineer to join our team in Chantilly, VA. The team is made-up of highly technical and motivated individuals. The engineer for this role will assist in troubleshooting complex problems and implementing cutting-edge solutions. As such, this individual must be an excellent problem solver and work well in a collaborative team environment. Candidate must have proven hands-on experience working as a VoIP engineer. OCONUS experience is desired.
The program is made up of CONUS and OCONUS teams who regularly interact across varying time zones. As a result, the engineer must have excellent communication skills and be flexible with regards to teamwork and multitasking. A demonstrated ability to perform in cross-functional teams in order to achieve results in a timely manner is desired.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Install, configure, and troubleshoot Asterisk-based PBX/SBC systems, peripherals, and IP phones
- Monitor entire VoIP infrastructure and provide regular reporting
- Collaborate with Chief Network Engineer on VoIP optimization
- Ensure VoIP system uptime, performance, and security
- Document and enforce VoIP standards
- Travel OCONUS as needed
- Maintain VoIP system/network in Chantilly, VA lab
- Perform other tasks as directed by Chief Network Engineer
- University degree in Telecommunications, Network Engineering, Computer Science, or related subject
- 12+ years relevant work experience --additional experience in lieu of degree considered
- Extensive hands-on experience with Asterisk-based VoIP systems, Session Border Controllers, and VoIP Peripherals
- Extensive hands-on experience with dial plans, IVRs, SIP, IAX, RTP, DIDs, codecs and other protocols
- Solid understanding of traditional telephony, PRIs, BRIs, FXO/FXS, circuit-switching, POTS, PSTN, MTSO
- Solid understanding of OSI model, firewalls, IP routing, IP switching, VLANS, and QOS/COS
- Hands-on experience with network monitoring, network diagnostics, and network analytics tools
- Hands-on experience installing/configuring/troubleshooting servers
- Hands-on experience with Linux operating systems, i.e., Ubuntu, CentOS
- Ability to work well individually, as well as within a team environment, and maintain professional behavior with all stakeholders at all times.
Additional Desired Qualifications
- Subject Matter Expert (SME) in Asterisk, VoIP telecommunications, and VoIP protocols
- Digium Certified Asterisk Administrator (dCAA) and/or Digium Certified Asterisk Professional (dCAP)
- CCNA/CCNP Voice certification
Pay Range:Pay Range $105,300.00 - $162,000.00 - $218,700.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.