The National Solutions Group at Leidos is seeking a Network Engineer to perform Network design, plan analysis, installation and support the network communications systems (LAN, WAN, VOIP). This position will perform a wide range of engineering duties to include network architecture, monitoring the networks, and enterprise networking. The Network Engineer provides technical expertise in all areas of network and computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, such as routers, multiplexers, firewalls, hubs, bridges, gateways, etc.
The Network Engineer analyzes and provides reports on new communications technologies to enhance network capabilities. The Network Engineer analyzes, coordinates and performs installation and/or reconfiguration of hardware and software elements of networks. The Network Engineer works directly with the customer in all aspects of day-to-day activities. The selected candidate must understand the site and enterprise well enough to work through network-related issues with other segments at the facility and across the enterprise.
Working at a customer facility and with the customer daily requires good communication skills and the ability to multi-task efforts based on a dynamic environment and changing priorities. Provides security engineering and integration services to internal customers. The supported program supports a 24x7 mission critical customer environment. Program employees may be scheduled to work or called in to work during off hours to meet customer mission support requirements.
- Provide support to Tier 3 network engineers for incident management and projects (site surveys, coordinate and install new equipment).
- Coordinate network operations, maintenance, repairs, or upgrades. Perform configuration management functions such as update topology drawings, ensure asset management records are accurate, inventory.
- Layer 1 and Layer 2 network experience.
- Configure and troubleshoot layer 2 switching (VLAN’s).
- Knowledge of Cisco IOS, Juniper JUNOS, Brocade and Foundry OS.
- Familiar (doesn’t need to be a SME) with Layer 3 protocols such as OSPF, BGP, VRRP, HSRP, MPLS, LSP, GRE. Familiar with Viso and Service Now
- Active TS/SCI with Polygraph
- Security+ Certification
- Must be willing to be scheduled to work, or be called in to work, during off hours to meet customer mission support requirements
- Requires Bachelors and 6+ years of prior relevant experience or a Masters with 4+ years of prior relevant experience.
- Experience with Cisco / Brocade / Juniper Network Platforms
- Experience with ACS/TACACS Servers
- Experience with Cisco lOS/ Brocade OS / JUNOS
- CCNA or other advanced networking certificate.
- Experience with HP NNM, Cisco Prime, and CiscoWorks
Pay Range:Pay Range $66,300.00 - $102,000.00 - $137,700.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.