This is where your legacy begins! The Leidos Innovation Center ( LInC) currently has an opening for a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer to work in our Arlington, Virginia office. This is a highly dynamic and integrative environment in which talented and creative engineers can thrive working on a diverse array of multidisciplinary projects in its Electronic Warfare Division. We are seeking a broadly trained and highly motivated engineer for advanced technology programs focused on mechanical engineering from research and development to productization
- Support applied research and engineering development of solutions and products in across various projects for land-based, airborne, and/or space applications.
- Provides mechanical engineering leadership on new R&D and current designs as well as support sustaining production products.
- Work closely with the science and manufacturing departments to facilitate transition of innovative technology from the research stage to full production.
-Telecommuting options available.
- B.S. degree (M.S. Degree preferred) in Mechanical Engineering or related field from an accredited college/university with at least 8 years of experience as a mechanical design engineer
- Must be able to obtain a secret security clearance
- Experience in advanced electronics packaging, chip-to-ambient thermal resistance, materials, vibration & shock analysis, thermal simulation and cooling.
- Experience using SOLIDWORKS, PRO-E and/or NASTRAN CAD tools
- Experience working with cross functional development teams
- Motivated self-starter able to work under minimal supervision
- 5% travel may be required across the division and/or customer sites
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Current Secret Security Clearance or above. Ability to get Top Secret Clearance.
- Demonstrated leadership of small technical teams and projects
- Experience with thermal management of next generation heterogeneous integrated circuits, chip-centric cooling techniques in harsh environments, and/or radiation shielding.
- Experience with modeling, analysis, and design of miniaturized electrical/mechanical components and assemblies.
- Experience with rapid prototyping techniques including 3D printing
- Experience with documentation packages for military products
- Familiarity with VITA VPX Circuit Card Assemblies
Pay Range:Pay Range $97,500.00 - $150,000.00 - $202,500.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.