We are looking for a PC Imaging and Provisioning Technician.
Leidos, Inc. is seeking qualified, creative, and customer-focused technical representative to deskside technical support at our customer site, located in Rockville, MD.
Routine Duties Will Be:
- This person will be a primary point of contact and responsible for imaging and provisioning Windows10 OS and supporting applications on new desktop and laptop devices to end users.
- Each candidate should be familiar in conducting non-disruptive desk-side support to deploy Windows 10 configured hardware devices. Use knowledge of MS Office Suite, ServiceNow, and tools specifically used to support the deployment of these devices is desired. For example, familiarity with ServiceNow will aid in deploying the hardware devices, ticket processing, and updating the CMDB to capture the change.
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills preferred. Candidates must be comfortable with communicating with end users and providing status to Leidos and customer representatives and able to take and execute direction on a tight schedule.
- Some travel may be required depending on the site supported.
- Ability to install computer image following instructions provided.
- Work directly with end-users to setup new PCs for short- and long-term use. Offer technical support and consultation on PCs to all end-users.
- Check for any damage or missing accessories and document/report to team lead for further actions.
- Deliver and install provisioned equipment at user location and perform installation and troubleshooting, when required.
- Ensure that the asset information for all provisioned equipment is updated in Remedy/PCIM.
- Ship PC equipment to country offices when required. Track these shipments and maintain communication with requester.
- Provide Events and rental support by coordinating with clients, delivering and installing equipment at requested location, and perform basic troubleshooting.
- Oversee equipment inventory and inform Team Lead stock projections to allow time to purchase.
- Follow established and tested process and procedures provided by the Team Lead.
- Validate installation through defined quality assurance procedures.
- Fill-in, review, and submit tracking documents on a daily/weekly basis.
- Decommission returned, damaged, or out of warranty equipment by wiping sanitizing all data and removing any physical identification.
- Prepare decommissioned equipment for physical disposal.
- Ensure Service Level Agreement is maintained when providing service to clients.
- Assist in providing weekly statistics.
- Ability to learn new technologies, processes as required.
One needs to work onsite in Rockville, MD.
This position is covered under the Service Contract Act and is subject to minimum wage requirements as well as the minimum Health and Welfare benefit. Leidos will ensure that all provisions are met through their wages and benefits.
The pay for this position can fall anywhere between $31.72 to $33.17 hourly.
- High School Diploma with 3+ years of relevant prior experience.
- Ability to obtain ITILv4 Foundation Certification, no later than 120 days after the hire date.
- Experience imaging deploying Dell Laptop and Desktop Devices with a Windows 10 Image to end users, including a brief tutorial to familiarize the user with the device.
- Excellent customer communication skills.
- Experience using the ServiceNow ITSM ticketing systems and providing deskside support for any user where a ticket has been dispatched from the Service Desk.
- Break/Fix support for end-user computer devices.
- Must be able to obtain an NRC Public Trust Security Clearance prior to start (may take anywhere between 1-3 months).
- Due to contract requirements, U.S. Citizenship OR U.S. Permanent Residence is required.
Leidos is growing! Connect with us on LinkedIn and Facebook.
Pay Range:Pay Range - -
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.