Leidos has an opportunity for a senor-level Database Administrator/Engineer (DBA) to support the EAMS Program. The ideal candidate will be joining a small team and will share the knowledge, workload and the future for a mission critical application. Must be able to work on-site in Herndon, VA. Some telework will be considered at the discretion of the prime contractor. Work hours are flexible.
- Ensures the successful implementation and day-to-day operation of database systems supporting critical Agency systems.
- Designs, models, documents, and guides the logical and conceptual relationship of data and database changes for complex applications.
- Analyzes needs and requirements of existing and proposed systems, and develops technical, structural, and organizational specifications.
- May create standards and/or do modeling to monitor and enhance capacity and performance.
- Communicates with technical, applications, and operational staff, in order to design an optimal database architecture (performance, accessibility, backup, and recovery plan).
- Analyzes and makes recommendations for improvements to existing software regarding database performance, stability, usability and scalability.
- Performs logical and physical data modeling, designs relational database models and creates physical data models from logical data models.
- Designs database servers and interfaces to improve database and application performance.
- Supports the development effort by authoring stored procedures, functions, views and check constraints.
- Bachelor's degree in a related technical field with 8 or more years of related experience. Additional experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Experience in applying data modeling principles/methods including conceptual, logical & physical data models
- Relational database experience
- 2+ years experience with AWS technologies including PostgresSQL and EC2
- ETL experience
- Experience with integrating multiple data feeds into a consolidated data source for access by users via UI and by systems, e.g., via API
- Experience with ER Studio Expertise or other similar modeling tools
- GraphQL experience
- Due to the nature of the government contracts we support, US Citizenship is required.
- TS/SCI with CI Poly required for Position or TS/SCI and willingness to get a poly.
- Experience with S3, DynamoDB, DocumentDB, ElasticSearch, Kafka, GeoServer
- DIA experience
- Understanding of the Intelligence Lifecycle and Collection Management mission space
- Familiarity with intelligence discipline data and Collection Management data and processes
- Familiarity with existing IC/Service systems in the Intelligence Lifecycle and Collection Management mission space
- Implementation of data-centricity and data fabric concepts
- Understanding of DoD/IC data standards
- Familiarity with securing/hardening data infrastructure
- Familiarity with IC Audit and Logging
Pay Range:Pay Range $97,500.00 - $150,000.00 - $202,500.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.