The Leidos Innovations Center has a current opening for a TS/SCI cleared Cloud Engineer supporting mission-critical, life-cycle support to the National Media Exploitation Center (NMEC) Commercial Cloud Enterprise (C2E) development, test, integration, and production architecture. This exciting new Task Order award will commence July 2023.
As our Cloud Engineer, you will play a critical role with design, engineering, development, deployment, and use of software for the DOMEX Technology Platform (DTP) where we support our client’s mission to centralize and standardize Tasking, Collection, Processing, Exploitation and Dissemination (TCPED) of Open Source Intelligence (OSINT) across the DoD and IC enterprise. We integrate off the shelf and new development efforts to sustain and enhance the NMEC architecture and by leveraging cloud-based computing, artificial intelligence (Al), machine learning (ML) and cross-domain transfer systems to provide cutting edge data exploitation, enrichment, triage, and analytics capabilities to Defense and Intelligence Community members. DTP advances the state of the art in mission-focused big data analytics tools and micro-service development spanning the breadth of Agile sprints to multiyear research and development cycles.
As a Cloud Engineer, you will be responsible for technical duties such as infrastructure design, creation, maintenance, and support associated with cloud computing. You will be working closely with our Cloud Architect, Solution Architects, Systems Engineers, Software Engineers, and Operations Engineering/Manager as well as Government counterparts to perform and manage our cloud solution, cloud computing strategy and all associated documentation. Most work will be conducted on-site at our client location Bethesda, MD, although some tasks may be performed remotely.
As a Cloud Engineer, you will collaborate with our engineering and infrastructure teams to identify and implement the most optimal cloud-based solutions for the program.
- Deploying and debugging cloud initiatives as needed in accordance with best practices throughout the development lifecycle.
- Employing exceptional problem-solving skills.
- Building and designing web services in the cloud.
- Designing and implementing cloud-based platforms throughout the program.
- Coordinate with DTP team to prioritize product backlogs for sprints and releases.
- Assist with monitoring & reporting technical variances; facilitate resolution of technical issues that adversely impact successful product delivery.
- Assist with identifying and supporting external dependencies where needed.
To be successful in this role you need (required):
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering or related technical field or equivalent experience with 8+ years in systems engineering or 4 additional years in lieu of degree.
- Must have an active Top Secret security clearance with the ability to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI with Polygraph security clearance.
- Experience with Commercial Cloud Services (C2S)
- Knowledge of classified environment’s security enclave
- Experience with cloud-based services, preferably AWS.
- Experience with SecDevOps and CI/CD pipeline
- Experience with cloud-based - specifically AWS - enterprise implementations
- Knowledge of web services: API, REST
- Strong awareness of networking and internet protocols
- Experience with open-source technology, software development and system engineering.
- Experience developing basic tooling and scripting: UNIX shell, Python, Perl or similar.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are required to collaborate with customer representatives, domain experts, systems engineers, and architects.
- Ability to work well/collaborate with people from many different disciplines with varying degrees of technical experience.
You will wow us even more if you have:
- AWS cloud certifications
- Experience working with Linux operating system
- Familiarity with CIO CloudTracker
- Experience with micro services architecture
- Experience with container deployment platforms such as Kubernetes, Openshift, or GCE
- Experience supporting DIA/NMEC and/or D3P
- OSINT familiarity
Pay Range:Pay Range $97,500.00 - $150,000.00 - $202,500.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.