The Leidos Innovations Center has a current opening for a TS/SCI cleared Systems Engineer supporting our client’s mission to centralize and standardize Tasking, Collection, Processing, Exploitation and Dissemination (TCPED) of Open Source Intelligence (OSINT) across the DoD and IC enterprise. This exciting new Task Order award will commence July 2023.
As our next Systems Engineer, you will play a critical role with design, engineering, development, deployment, and use of software for the DOMEX Technology Platform (DTP) where we support our client’s mission to centralize and standardize Tasking, Collection, Processing, Exploitation and Dissemination (TCPED) of Open Source Intelligence (OSINT) across the DoD and IC enterprise. We integrate off the shelf and new development efforts to sustain and enhance the NMEC architecture and by leveraging cloud-based computing, artificial intelligence (Al), machine learning (ML) and cross-domain transfer systems to provide cutting edge data exploitation, enrichment, triage, and analytics capabilities to Defense and Intelligence Community members. DTP advances the state of the art in mission-focused big data analytics tools and micro-service development spanning the breadth of Agile sprints to multiyear research and development cycles.
As an System Engineer, you will work closely with the Lead SE, Systems Engineers, Software Engineers, Architects, and Operations Engineering/Manager as well as Government counterparts to perform and manage the full spectrum of systems engineering tasks to include requirements analysis, feature, system and interface design, system integration, system testing, as well as working with the SE team in support of Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) and all associated documentation. The system engineer will also take on the role as a product owner to lead a software development team while managing risks, escalating impediments, and helping to drive continuous process improvement.
You will work closely with the Architects, systems engineers, software, and test engineers on the following key tasks:
- Technical support, coordination, and execution of systems engineering activities such as feature/requirements analysis, design, implementation planning, integration and test, sustainment, documentation, deployment, and system assessment
- Perform systems engineering tasks within time-boxed (e.g., agile) sprints and releases. Support sprint and release planning activities as well as the creation of and/or input to work tickets (e.g., JIRA) as well as program/system documentation using collaboration software (e.g., Confluence)
- Support and employ MBSE approach for systems planning, design, execution, and sustainment in coordination with the Lead SE and SE team members
- Help to define processes for technical platforms, system specifications, input/output and working parameters for hardware and/or software compatibility
- Assist in the development and maintenance of systems engineering documentation and diagrams/models working in coordination/collaboration with Lead SE and SE team members
- Assist in establishing SE processes and tools to accomplish analysis, problem diagnosis and solution design, integration and test preparation, risk assessment and mitigation planning, and related activities
- Obtain solid understanding of software features in order to plan for current and upcoming releases
- Assist with daily scrums and document minutes/actions/status
- Hold Agile ceremony meetings with the software development team
- Participate in release planning, scrum of scrums, bug triage and other pertinent meetings
- Coordinate with test team members on release/hotfix testing
- Report release status to PM staff and Customer as needed
- Assist with resolution of technical issues that adversely impact successful product delivery
- Assist with identifying and supporting external dependencies where needed
This is you:
- BS in Engineering, Computer Science, Systems Engineering, or related field or equivalent experience with 6+ years in software development, system engineering or related field
- Must have an active Top Secret security clearance with the ability to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI with Polygraph
- At least 4+ years’ experience working as a systems engineer
- Experience with creating design packages and workflows
- Experience in writing technical solutions and whitepapers
- Experience/knowledge of key Agile processes and techniques
- Experience with facilitating scrum for the team (Planning, Retrospective, Grooming & Review/Demo)
- Experience with Gitlab (workflow), JIRA, and Confluence
- Ability to track and produce key metrics
- Ability to work well with people from many different disciplines with varying degrees of technical experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to participate in cross-functional planning, coordination, and task execution
- Familiarity with a MBSE approach and tools or experience with framework/approach like MBSE
You will wow us even more if you have:
- Software development/coding experience with programming languages such as Python, Java, and React
- Experience with database systems, search engines, model view controller (MVC); web applications
- Experience in a Linux Red Hat and Centos environment
- Experience with big data applications
- Technical degree and/or certifications
- Scaled Agile Framework certification (SAFe Agilist or other)
- Familiarity with continuous integration/continuous development tools (Jenkins, Bamboo, or equivalent)
Pay Range:Pay Range $78,000.00 - $120,000.00 - $162,000.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.