Leidos is seeking a Network Security Engineer to join our growing team, in support of Security Engineering Programs – Center for Information Systems Security. (SEP-CISS) This Network Security Engineer role will support our government customer’s TS/SCI network and will work closely with that agency. Daily activities will include testing, implementing, deploying, maintaining, and administering cyber systems or networks and their infrastructure hardware and software. As part of this role, the candidate must meet IAT Level II requirements & possess a strong understanding of network security configuration. Due to the sensitive & classified nature of this program, you will be required to work on-site in Arlington, VA.
- Configuring, maintaining, and validating the security functions/features for network devices (e.g., cisco routers, switches, IDS/IPS, and ASA firewall)
- Managing and maintaining other security devices (e.g., HBSS)
- Setup, configuration, tuning, and management (maintenance/updates) of the Securonix (Snyper) network auditing tool.
- Candidate will be sent to training for this tool.
- Conducting network vulnerability scanning using tools such as ACAS, Tenable/Nessus, etc. and recommendations.
- Configure, maintain, and update security features on network devices (e.g. signatures, rules, patches)
- Conduct validation & verification testing of network changes and impacts to security posture.
- Maintain awareness of and be responsive to threat/vulnerability notifications to reduce risk and/or provide recommendations in partnership with the network administrator to conduct risk reduction activities as vulnerabilities are identified.
- Active Top Secret SCI clearance is a must.
- Meets or exceeds IAT Level II requirements.
- Knowledge and understanding of the potential impacts associated with security features on network devices to minimize impacts to operational systems.
- Experience using common vulnerability scanning tools (e.g., Nessus) to discover weaknesses.
- Experience configuring/managing/tuning security event monitoring tools (SIEM).
- Solid knowledge and experience in the secure configuration and management of network devices, including routers, switches, ASA firewalls, and/or IDS/IPS.
- Degree is not required; experience and expertise are critical to this role.
- Strong written and oral communications required.
- Highly effective teamwork and collaboration skills.
- Must be able to work independently on a project, seeing it from inception to completion.
- Must possess strong organizational skills and strong interpersonal skills to effectively relate to Leidos and customer needs.
- Securonix (Snyper) experience
Pay Range:Pay Range $97,500.00 - $150,000.00 - $202,500.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.