The selected candidate will author, edit, and proof technical documents such as System Manuals, User Guides, and other technical documentation. He/she will ensure that documents conform to program standards and Data Item Description (DID) requirements and will work with the engineering team to define the content of the documents. He/she will have primary responsibility for authorship. The selected individual will gather requirements from users/stakeholders and prepare user and program documentation. He/she work closely with technical staff and will be responsible for managing multiple documentation assignments simultaneously.
Primary Roles and Responsibilities:
The selected candidate will oversee the collection and organization of information, and the preparation, editing, and revision of numerous documents required in support of a complex network of computer systems and networks, to include user manuals, training materials, installation guides, proposals, and other reports and deliverables. He/she will work in concert with multiple technical professions including software developers, system engineers, test engineers, and Release Train Engineers in capturing data and media to support technical documentation generation; and will edit functional descriptions, system specifications, user manuals, special reports, and other customer deliverables and documents. He/she will perform quality assurance reviews to ensure deliverables conform to program standards, meet Data Item Description (DID) requirements, and address customer comments. He/she will work closely with program Data Management staff to ensure document configuration management (CM) and version control for all deliverables. He/she will perform in accordance with and guide implementation of Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI) Maturity Level 3 best practices.
Security Clearance Requirement:
- Candidates must possess an active TS/SCI with Polygraph to be considered for this role.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Technical, Writing, or related discipline and at least 12 years of relevant experience. Additional experience may be substituted for a degree.
- At least 7 years of technical writing experience preparing documents, reports, responses, Contract Data Requirements List (CDRLs), and briefings targeted to a wide range of audiences, including senior management.
- Experience effectively formatting and editing large technical publications and proposals, including writing, editing, and illustrating using the MS Office Suite.
- Experience working with system engineers, software engineers, and program management to translate technical information into clear, concise documentation to include user manuals.
- Must be able to plan and prioritize personal tasking and be able to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Must be an independent thinker, capable of performing high quality work, both independently and with a team, in a fast-moving environment.
- Proficiency with advanced features of Word.
- Recent experience on a system/software development program compiling, editing, and publishing CDRL documentation.
- Sound understanding of CMMI ML3 best practices, DID formats, and agile methodologies.
- Recent experience within a cyber security operational organization
Pay Range:Pay Range $94,250.00 - $145,000.00 - $195,750.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.