Leidos is seeking an experienced Program Manager, who will be responsible for the implementation and deployment of a new HR management system at Veterans Affairs, as part of the VA Human Capital IT Modernization program. Successful Project Managers demonstrate competency in project planning, execution, reporting, leadership, critical thinking, relationship management, and business growth while upholding the highest standard of ethical behavior.
This position requires the ability to obtain a National Agency Clearance and Inquiries (NACI) clearance.
**Contingent upon Award**
- Serves as contract representative and is responsible for managing all aspects of the program, including project planning, development and implementation according to cost, schedule, and technical (scope) requirements.
- Establishes and maintains close working relations with client personnel at all levels of the organization
- Provides management and oversight support to the VA Human Capital IT Modernization (HCITM) program, which includes tasks for system implementation, interface development, testing, deployment, data migration, analytics, information security, maintenance, help desk, and change management.
- Manages a cohesive team of technical, and administrative personnel (Leidos and subcontractors) and manages the relationship with the software vendors.
- Develops and deploys the Transition-in Plan and the Program Management Plan.
- Leads the development of the Communication Plan and the Integrated Master Schedule.
- Provides input to risk management, change management and communication activities.
- Provides business governance support for all VA HR modernization activities and services.
- Collaborates and communicates with business partners to verify expectations are being met, and identifies and fulfills resource requirements
- Presents formal and informal project status/plan briefings to the government and corporate managers through oral and written communications.
- Monitors team performance (both Leidos and subcontractors) to ensure that projects are implemented, supported, and closed accurately and in accordance with key milestones and established project standards are upheld and clearly defined throughout the entire process of each project’s development and execution.
- Ensures compliance with government and corporate training, policies, and mandates.
- Anticipates and resolves procurement challenges and problems, such as small business set aside goals, certification requirements, and acquisition strategy.
- Tracks cost, schedule and performance, as well as prepares documents and develops project specific policy, procedures, and report status at all levels.
- Plans and leads transition-out activities.
- A Bachelor's degree in Business, Management, Communication, or other relevant field and 12+ years of relevant experience or a Master’s degree and 10+ years of relevant experience.
- 20+ years of relevant experience may be substituted for education.
- Prior experience managing large complex government programs (VA, DOD, programs).
- Ability to rapidly prioritize and communicate competing cost, schedule, and technical requirements and risks.
- Ability to understand and simplify customer requirements.
- Proven knowledge of industry standards.
- Strong communication skills.
- Experience in managing large system implementation federal contracts with multiple ongoing tasks and subtasks.
- 2+ years of experience in managing Workday implementations.
- Certifications: PMP, CSM
- Prior experience implementing and deploying business systems – HR, financial management, etc.
Pay Range:Pay Range $142,350.00 - $219,000.00 - $295,650.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.