Looking for an opportunity to make an impact!!
Leidos currently has an opening for a Help Desk Analyst (Tier 1). This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience to support an End User Customer Support program under the Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC).
In this mission we provide Tier 1 Help Desk Support to the NRC's user community. All support is provided via phone, and the help desk specialist will troubleshoot access issues such as password resets and VPN (Virtual Private Network), as well as troubleshoot issues with Microsoft Office Suite, Windows 7/10, printers and networks. The help desk specialist will be responsible for logging all calls in the ticketing system and escalating issues to the next level when needed.
You will work in a fast-paced and diverse environment and will have a management team that encourages your career development and growth. In this role, you will gain many intangible skills, such as time and task management, critical thinking and problem solving, the ability to communicate complicated problems in a concise manner, as well as solve complex problems using available tools. This job is for you, if you have an interest in joining a dynamic and respected team of individuals who provide unmatched support to our clients.
- Provides Help/Service Desk support to end users on a variety of issues.
- Identifies, researches, and resolves technical problems.
- Ability to diagnose data communications problems using specialized tools, test equipment, and software utilities.
- Responds to telephone calls, email and personnel requests for technical support.
- Documents, tracks and monitors the problem to ensure a timely resolution.
- Has deep knowledge of commonly-used IT concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field.
- Coordinates cross-tier integration to ensure consistent and repeatable processes.
- Helps drive decisions on administrative or operational matters and ensures operations' effective achievement of objectives.
- Relies on instructions, pre-established guidelines and experience to perform the functions of the job.
This position is covered under the Service Contract Act and is subject to minimum wage requirements as well as the minimum Health and Welfare benefit. Leidos will ensure that all provisions are met through their wages and benefits.
The pay for this position can fall anywhere between $20.48 to $22.00 hourly.
The position will work temporarily remotely in Rockville, MD. One must be able to work onsite in Rockville, MD office when asked to return to the office.
- An Associate's degree and a minimum of 1 year experience. Additional years of experience and/or relevant certifications will be considered/accepted in lieu of degree.
- Ability to obtain ITILv4 Foundation Certification, no later than 120 days after the hire date.
- Knowledge in 2 OR more of the following: Windows, MS Office, Troubleshooting, Logging Tickets, A+, Network + OR Security +.
- Must be able to obtain an NRC Public Trust Security Clearance prior to start (may take anywhere between 1-3 months).
- Due to contract requirements, U.S. Citizenship OR U.S. Permanent Residence is required.
Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges.
Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient.
Leidos is growing! Connect with us on LinkedIn and Facebook.
Pay Range:Pay Range - -
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.