Senior Network Engineer to be part of a team responsible for the design, migration, implementation, enhancement, optimization and maintenance of network infrastructure. Network engineers are responsible for designing, development, innovations and configure unique networks. This position will require the skillset and experience using free thinking and independent judgement to provide solutions. The candidate will be responsible for installations, upgrades, and support problem resolution. The candidate will design, install, configure and support the WAN and other data communications systems or a segment of a network system. Maintain the network hardware and software as well as monitor the network to ensure network availability to all system users. The candidate will perform the necessary maintenance to support network availability. The candidate will support the design, design documentation, factory testing and network integration of IP/MPLS based LAN/WAN network infrastructure
Additional tasks can include:
- Participating in the development of new network designs
- Assessing network management architecture and document the architecture
- Utilizing of various data sources to fully understand the issues and inform the solution,
- Possess strong skillsets in network monitoring tools and deep analysis of network data
- Evaluate network service requests and validate/triage unique inquiries
- Analyze existing and future network infrastructure and provide solutions requirements
- Network hardware and software testing, implementation, integration, and management
- Create and update network infrastructure documentation
- Support network refresh efforts
- Network troubleshooting (Tier 3 & 4 level support)
- Active TS/SCI with Polygraph
- BS and 12+ years of experience, additional experience in lieu of degree
- Experience with Cisco routers and switches
- Experience with firewalls
- Experience establishing and troubleshooting VPNs
- Layer 2 and Layer 3 hands-on configuration experience, with emphasis on routing protocols OSPF. Knowledge configuring VTI and IPSEC Tunnels.
- Hands on experience with the implementation and use of network monitoring, fault management and performance analysis tools such as SYSLOG, SNMP, Solarwinds, etc.
- Familiarity with data center infrastructure and experience with Cisco routers and switches
- Experience with network security concepts, best practices and technologies including, but
- not limited to, SSH, IPSec, TACACs, firewall policies and 802.1x
- Experience with engineering/architecting secured enterprise telecommunication solutions.
- Experience providing detailed engineering and technical leadership to engineering staff involving multiple, complex and interrelated project tasks
- Experience effectively communicating at senior levels within a customer organization
- Experience with cloud based environments, configurations and best practices
- Experience with Juniper SRX series hardware
- CCNA Cert
- Advanced Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- JNCIA or JNCIP certification is desired.
- Experience supporting high performance computing environments.
- Experience with IPS/IDS systems to include network impacts.
- Possess excellent written and oral communication skills
Pay Range:Pay Range $105,300.00 - $162,000.00 - $218,700.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.