Come join one of our high performing teams responsible for building, maintaining, and ensuring up-time of the next-generation software factory used to support 2500+ users, 200+ projects/products, and 1000+ repositories. We serve the Social Security Administration (SSA) and their mission to meet the changing needs of the public, positively impacting at least 65 million American lives per month. Be part of the mission solution and help lead SSA’s Digital Modernization Strategy. We are a team of forward-looking professionals in need of a strong candidate with these key required skills: Ansible Automation, System Administration of Atlassian Suite (Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket), Jenkins Administration, RHEL Linux Administration, and Availability Monitoring / Triage (Spunk, Dynatrace). Do you have most of these key required skills, education, or experience? Do you want to learn more about our telework posture? Are you an US citizen, US resident, or Visa candidate and think you might fit? We recommend you apply and start the conversation today! Join us in supporting our SSA contracts in Woodlawn, Maryland.
Your passion and values might be a good fit for our teams if you answer “yes” to the following questions:
- Are you looking for a company that puts employees first, with a focus on career, flexibility, and well-being?
- Do you enjoy collaborating with colleagues and teammates and believe that the best ideas are fostered in an inclusive environment?
- Are you searching for a team with a strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive for daily mission success?
- Are you comfortable with proactive outward communication and technical leadership?
- Do you enjoy being a catalyst, solving complex problems, and providing innovative solutions?
- Do you have the flexibility, creativity, and resilience to pivot the mission for success?
- Do you have the courage to make tough ethical decisions with pride, transparency, and respect?
Mentorship & Career Growth:
Our teams are dedicated to supporting new team members in an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Experienced engineers will be assigned to new hires for one-on-one mentoring, collaborative code reviews, and coaching on customer engagement to help each new hire successfully onboard and demonstrate their skills. Projects and tasks are assigned in a way that leverages your strengths and will help you further develop your skillset.
Foundation for Success:
This experience is the foundation a candidate needs to be successful in this position:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, or a related field
- Masters or Doctorate degree may substitute for required experience
- 7+ years of combined experience with system administration of Atlassian Suite (Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket), Jenkins, and RHEL Linux
- 4+ years of experience with Ansible automation
- 2+ years of experience in on-call operation support role for a mission critical system
Factors to Help You Shine:
These skills will help you succeed in this position:
- Strong experience with Ansible Automation and authoring playbooks and roles for installing, maintaining, or upgrading platforms
- Solid experience using version control software such as Git/Bitbucket including peer reviewing playbooks
- Hands-on experience administrating Atlassian Suite (Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket) via Ansible playbooks
- Solid experience triaging and monitoring complex issues, outages, and incidents as part of on-call support rotation
- Strong experience in automating tasks with scripting languages like Shell, or Python
- Solid experience with integrating/maintaining with various 3rd party CI/CD tools
- Solid foundation of Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) administration
- Basic networking skills
- Experience analyzing, researching, maintaining, and integrating Atlassian tool plugins
How to Stand Out from the Crowd
Showcase your knowledge of modern development through the following experience or skills:
- Experience with Ansible Tower
- Delivery (CI/CD) best practices and use of DevOps to accelerate quality releases to Production
- Atlassian Suite administration certifications
- AWS cloud certifications
- Experience creating complex Jira workflows, projects, service desk, custom configurations, notifications, etc.
- Experience with AWS administration (EC2, S3, ELB, EBS/EFS/S3)
- Experience with PaaS using Red Hat OpenShift/Kubernetes and Docker containers
Day to Day Responsibilities:
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams and contribute to our communities. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business. If this sounds like a mission you want to be a part of, keep reading!
Every position we take is more rewarding when you know the why behind it. Know your work makes a difference to support those who need it most. If your passion is enabling life changing service to those around, you this is the place for you. Find you passion in a team environment where all members are valued regardless of contractor or employee status. We are excited for you to take your place in our Leidos Family.
Find your “Why” with us!
- Build, maintain, automate, ensure reliability, and implement next-generation software factory using system/software engineering best practices and the latest technologies:
- DevOps (Jenkins, Nexus / NXRM Repository, Checkmarx, SonarQube, BlackDuck, Red Hat OpenShift, Docker)
- Infrastructure-as-Code and Configuration-as-Code (Ansible, Scripting, UrbanCode Deploy)
- Administer Atlassian Suite including installing, migrating, upgrading, deploying, troubleshooting, and configurating on Linux.
- Provide on-call support for next-generation software factory
- Provide subject matter expertise in one or more of these areas: automation, security, monitoring and alerting, incident response optimization, Atlassian suite including plugin administration, and other CI/CD tools.
- Investigate and actively support with operational team to ensure business continuity regardless of component: front-end, business logic, middleware, networking, CI/CD pipeline, or database (PL/SQL and Data Modeling).
- Brief management, customer, team, or vendors using written or oral skills at appropriate technical level for audience
- All other duties as assigned or directed
Education & Qualifications
- Master’s degree and 5+ years of experience in a training-related field or bachelor’s degree and 7+ years of experience in a training-related field
- Must be able to obtain a Public Trust.
Leidos’ Health Group is recognized as a Top 10 Health IT provider. We draw on decades of success to deliver a range of solutions and services designed to meet the healthcare challenges of today. From the research bench to the patient bedside, we are a company of scientists, engineers, and technologists delivering a broad range of impactful, customizable, and scalable solutions to hospitals and health systems, biomedical organizations, and every U.S. federal agency focused on health. Leidos works with customers across the continuum of care to improve clinical, operational, and financial outcomes with innovative solutions that advance the next generation of care. Our mission is to contribute to creating a healthier world. Begin your journey of a flourishing and meaningful career, share your resume with us today! ITSSCII
Pay Range:Pay Range $97,500.00 - $150,000.00 - $202,500.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.