At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainable practices. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business. Employees enjoy career enrichment opportunities available through mobility and development and experience rewarding relationships with supportive supervisors and talented colleagues and customers. Your most important work is ahead.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
Leidos is looking to fill a Linux Server/NVidia GPU Engineer position within the Analysis Solutions Division (ASD) to support the National Media Exploitation Center (NMEC). This role requires an individual that has technical experience with administering Nvidia DGX1 and A100 servers within a within a physical and virtual environment. This individual should be detail oriented in order to capture customer inquiries appropriately. This role is responsible for interacting with administrators to handle service inquiries and problems. Duties include examining customer problems and implementing appropriate corrective action to initiate a repair or return to service. This role analyzes recurring problems and initiates solutions for preventing reoccurrence and analyzes existing infrastructure for tuning/performance enhancements. The individual will provide systems and software operations and maintenance support in a large, multi-enclave enterprise environment. This individual will work in a team environment to ensure mission needs are met and ensure functionality of capabilities of customers. Individuals in this role may be required to perform technical software configuration, rebooting, and other remedial actions on customer servers. The Customer utilizes an Agile Framework to plan and successfully complete all initiatives.
The work location is in Bethesda at the Intelligence Community Campus.
- Review C&A documentation providing feedback on completeness and compliance of its content
- Perform system installation, configuration maintenance, account maintenance, signature maintenance, patch management, and troubleshooting of operational IA and CND systems
- Operates with appreciable latitude in developing engineering methodology and presenting solutions to problems.
- Contributes to deliverables and performance metrics where applicable.
- Responsible for implementing, operating, and maintaining physical and virtual server hardware and systems software.
- Monitor resource management system (SLURM) to keep resource allocation efficient and aligned with organizational priorities
- Automate configuration management, software updates, and maintenance of system availability using modern DevOps tools (Ansible, Salt, Gitlab, etc.)
- Plan and maintain new systems that support the NVIDIA Software stack
- Work directly with developers and hardware architects to debug issues, identify new requirements, and improve workflows
- Actively communicate with users and management regarding resource planning and allocation
- Provide technical support, monitoring, and engineering of Linux systems, Nvidia DGX1 and A100 servers within a physical and virtual environment.
- Provide support for the implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of IT systems. Rapidly distinguish isolated user problems from enterprise-wide application/system problems.
- Maintain scripts, security updates, patches, and configurations for the proper functioning of servers.
- Coordinate with customers and stakeholders to collect data, conduct analysis, develop, and implement solutions associated with incident tickets and requirements.
- Seek opportunities for continuous improvement to support effective and efficient operations
- Develop solutions to complex technical issues.
- Provide documentation and follow-up reports (technical findings, feedback, resolution steps taken) for Root Cause analysis, engineering technical assessment and process improvement initiatives.
- Support customer requirements in a 24/7/365 environment and be able to provide on-call support during outages occurring after hours; may involve shift work.
- Update operations and monitoring documentation for 24/7/365 Operations Watch personnel.
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in computer science or engineering field. Additional years of experience may be considered in lieu of a degree
- 10+ years of relevant systems engineering experience
- Experience supervising and/or mentoring junior staff
- 2 years of Unix experience, including Red Hat/CentOS (or derivative) and Ubuntu
- System security engineering expertise in one or more of the following: system security design process; engineering life cycle; information domain; cross domain solutions; commercial off-the-shelf and government off-the-shelf cryptography; identification; authentication; and authorization; system integration; risk management; intrusion detection; contingency planning; incident handling; configuration control; change management; auditing; certification and accreditation process; principles of IA (confidentiality, integrity, non-repudiation, availability, and access control); and security testing
- Possesses and applies expertise on multiple complex work assignments. Assignments may be broad in nature requiring originality and innovation in determining how to accomplish tasks.
- Hands on experience identifying server hardware failures, including hard drives and memory
- Experience with cluster configuration management tools such as Ansible, Salt
- Strong knowledge of DNS, NFS, LDAP, and DHCP services
- Experience with shell scripting and/or Python to automate repetitive administration tasks
- Background in Linux server setup, deployment and maintenance
- Experience with hardening Linux environments
- Experience with system administration and engineering of server operating systems such as Linux (CentOS, RHEL, or Ubuntu)
- Experience troubleshooting issues in a growing environment
- Experience with log reviews, incident analysis, and identification of issue trends
- Experience with server patch management methodologies
- Time management skills with the ability to work within an IT Service Management/ticketing system independently
- Ability to triage and properly classify incidents and prioritize work efforts accordingly
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Experience establishing goals and plans that meet project objectives
- Track record of working effectively within a team, and support to peers toward improved processes and results
- Candidate must, at a minimum, meet DoD 8570.11- IAT Level II certification requirements (currently Security+ CE, CCNA-Security, GSEC, or SSCP along with an appropriate computing environment (CE) certification)
- TS/SCI clearance with Polygraph required
- US Citizenship is required due to the nature of the government contracts we support.
- Experience with container technologies (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Experience with Prometheus/Grafana for monitoring
- Knowledge of distributed resource scheduling systems [Slurm (preferred), LSF, etc.]
- Familiarity with CUDA and managing GPU-accelerated computing systems
- Basic knowledge of deep learning frameworks and algorithms
Pay Range:Pay Range $118,300.00 - $182,000.00 - $245,700.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.