The Senior Leader SME shall provide support across the entire command. All SMEs will be centrally managed but may be assigned to work in separate directorates within the command centered on their individual skill set or knowledge base. All SMEs shall be able to communicate at the highest command levels internal and external to the command, taking guidance from the Commander, Deputy Commander, Executive Director (EXDIR), and Joint Director (JDIR) leadership. The SMEs should be able to perform at a principal level of support for the various functions they perform. These SMEs are among the thought leaders for the command and must be able to work independently with minimum or no guidance.
All SME’s shall:
- Provide expert strategic and technical communication
- Provide principal level of support for identified areas
- Be familiar with commercial industry and government developed cyber security technologies that enable a layered defensive strategy across large enterprise networked environments
- Provide Cyber, Technology, Strategic and Military Operations subject matter expertise
- Work with Senior Leadership to plan, develop, and implement the Commander’s highest priorities and future concepts
- Integrate and influence cross-functional concepts that align to CE’s high interest plans
- Develop technical papers, white papers, Concept of Operations (CONOPS), system and operational view diagrams, system architecture, network diagrams, and network architectures
- Participate in cyber panels, meetings, and working groups as a subject matter expert and advisor as it pertains to CE’s engagements
- Coordinate with all applicable staff elements, Service Cyber Components, Combatant Command (CCMD), components, and other partners/agencies with cyber related missions
The Senior Leader SME shall:
- Review and provide recommendations on cyber policy, law and doctrine applicable to Cyber Security, DODIN Operations and Defensive Cyber Operations (DCO) Command and Control (C2).
- Advise the organization on the integration and synchronization of the command’s cyberspace mission across all echelons and warfighting domains.
- Analyze and provide recommendations, to include new processes to complex, difficult, and time sensitive issues and problems.
- Advise senior leadership on the establishment and orchestration of knowledge management in order to enable decisions and operations, to include: information management, battle rhythm support, and technology enhancements.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant technical discipline and 17 years of overall related experience or Masters with 15 years of prior relevant experience. Additional related years of experience may be accepted in lieu of a degree.
- Active TS/SCI security clearance.
- IAT Level II (Security +, CySA+, CND, GSEC, SSCP, GICSP)
- Experience with MS Office products (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) working with large data sets
- Good oral and written communication skills
Pay Range:Pay Range $142,350.00 - $219,000.00 - $295,650.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 47,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.