Leidos is seeking two entry level managers to run two large teams that comprise the Proposal Operations organization.
- Team 1 develops proposals for the Navy based on SOO/SOW requirements that deliver new and improved IT services to the Navy. This leader is responsible for leading a broad scoped team through understanding customer requests and developing accurate, awardable, and executable proposals to very tight timelines.
- Team 2 develops proposals that support one time work at various Navy sites. These requests begin with ROM development and progress to primarily rate carded proposals. This leader is responsible for leading a broad scoped team through understanding customer requests and developing accurate, awardable, and executable proposals to very tight timelines.
Candidates will be expected to have an understanding of Federal contractor bid and proposal management standard practices. The successful candidate must have the ability and motivation to learn and adapt quickly to new processes and technologies and the ability to work in a self-driven manner in a fast-paced environment. In this position, the Team Leads will need to exhibit strong leadership skills and the ability to work with program and functional teams to drive tasks to closure.
- Drive management of all proposal activities with a direct and matrixed team.
- Drive all process development for execution of SMIT proposal needs that align with Leidos corporate requirements.
- Manage assignment of opportunities to the team members.
- Support continuous improvement of process and efficiencies and ongoing development of proposal manager skills.
- Lead team to meet and exceed proposal deadlines and deliver on commitments to the Government.
- Assist in the development of executive level reporting and briefings to Leidos and Government leadership.
- Lead efforts to enhance standard proposal libraries in support of organization-wide proposal development tools and templates.
- Work in partnership with internal teams to address issues, remove blockers promptly, and ensure collaboration in support of the team.
- Ensure all materials developed by the team is accurate and meets financial and business objectives.
- Drive team through all stages of proposal development including BOE and BOM activities, pricing, and submissions.
- Manage team within defined budgets.
- Other duties as required.
- Maintain tight, proactive communication with proposal and business unit leadership to ensure all necessary resources and activities are available to achieve successful proposal submissions.
- Lead negotiation activities and bid strategies.
- BA/BS or equivalent experience and 8+ years of prior relevant experience.
- 4+ years of experience supervising or leading teams or projects.
- Exhibit leadership qualities required to lead a multifaceted and matrixed team.
- Strong customer communication skills and ability to build those relationships.
- Prior experience in the development and management of Federal contract proposals.
- Strong analysis skills, with the ability to identify and improve processes and determine needs to successfully deliver proposals in short turnaround timeframes.
- Able to multi-task, self-assign work, and function in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Utilization of tools such as SharePoint, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and MS Project.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to succinctly communicate.
- US citizenship and must have ability to obtain a DoD SECRET security clearance.
- Ability to manage virtual and geographically disparate teams.
- Considered a Subject Matter Expert in Proposal Management.
- Currently possess an active DoD SECRET security clearance.
- Working knowledge of Leidos’ proposal processes and standards.
- Experience bidding on DON RFPs, especially modifications to existing contracts.
- Experience with Program/Project Management principles and concepts (WBS, PWS, IMS, RACI, Risk Management).
- Prior experience with Navy programs.
- Government proposal management experience for IT solutions and services procurements.
- Formal proposal training and/or relevant certifications (e.g., APMP, PMP).
- Ability to remain upbeat, positive, and constructive within a dynamic environment operating under high-pressure deadlines.
Pay Range:Pay Range $84,500.00 - $130,000.00 - $175,500.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.