Leidos is seeking a Accelerator Physicist to join our team out in Albuquerque New Mexico. You will conduct accelerator physics experimentation and testing.
As a part of our team here in Albuquerque, you will collaborate with scientists, engineers, and technicians to develop next generation directed energy systems and experimentation.
- Safely operating a complicated process or facility under formal conduct of operations, such as the operation of a charged-particle accelerator.
- Troubleshooting and repairing electric, electronic, and/or electro-mechanical components of operating systems.
- Operation and troubleshooting of high voltage systems and power modulators.
- Collaborate with the AFRL scientists on experiments to determine the future paths of system design.
- Perform analytic calculations and numerical simulations
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, physics, or related field and 3 years’ experience OR
- Master’s degree in electrical engineering, physics, or related field and one year experience
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD clearance.
- Familiarity with regulatory requirements for medical systems is a plus
- Strong background in physics and technology of particle accelerators
- Hand on experience in design, troubleshooting, and safety of high voltage systems
- Practical knowledge in methods of experimental physics, data acquisition and signal processing
- Basic knowledge in power electronics, pulsed power systems, and front-end signal amplification and transmission
- Proven ability to use commercially available software for simulation of physical processes in particle accelerators
- Strong understanding of monitoring, shielding, and safety aspects of work with ionizing radiation
- Experience applying safety principles in laboratory activities
- Experience with electrical, mechanical, pressure, vacuum, or diagnostic systems
- Demonstrated experimental, analytical, and computational skills
- Successfully worked in or leading a technical team
- Preferred Education: M.S. in physics with concentration on accelerator, nuclear, or plasma physics or related disciplines with 1 year of experience
- Preferred Education: PhD strongly preferred in physics with concentration on accelerator, nuclear, or plasma physics or related disciplines will be considered as a higher level job category.
Pay Range:Pay Range $63,050.00 - $97,000.00 - $130,950.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.