The Automated Advanced Target Development (A2TD) Integrator supports plans and aids government leadership in their role to direct research or development work on complex components of the 3-D physics-based model. Engaging various parties in design and development of DTRA’s R&D enterprise -- the strategic and operational-level planning and tactical application this initiative. This multi-year initiative seeks to apply emerging computer assisted technologies to automate advanced target characterization, harnessing 3D physics-based modeling, accurate intelligence representation, and enable defeat of WMD production, storage and/or command and control facilities that are harbored in Hard and Deeply Buried Targets (HDBT). This position gathers information and anticipates requirements from the supported U.S. Indo-Pacific Command (USINDOPACOM) staff and component/partner organizations to aid in the crafting of CCMD requirements to DTRA’s Target Assessment Technologies Division. This ensures the relevant development of A2TD capabilities to effectively support plans, exercises and operations within the USINDOPACOM area of operations. As the development progresses, provide expert operation of modeling software with the developing A2TD models to provide meaningful feedback to the developers and application vision to the end users. Coordinate across USINDOPACOM directorates, components, and outside organizations to structure, synchronize, manage and de-conflict the use of A2TD modeling intelligence products globally in supporting intelligence and targeting operations.
- Responsible for providing intelligence support for contingency operations, battle staff and operational-level planning, joint and multi-lateral training exercises, and strategic engagement policy. Duties may include monitoring and analyzing strategic and operational aspects of political, military, and economic developments within key countries.
- Influences development of solutions that impact strategic project/program/family goals and business results.
- Recommends and implements new solutions, processes, policies, standards in support of functions strategy and operations.
- Provides measurable input to new solutions, processes or standards in order to achieve functional/project objectives.
- Serves as a the A2TD subject matter expert across Leidos.
- Ability to communicate with executive leadership (internally or client) or user groups regarding matters of significant importance to the organization/project.
- Ability to convince others to accept areas view/current practices and agree/accept new concepts, practices and approaches.
- Has expert knowledge of industry practices, advanced techniques and solutions within a professional discipline to develop new standards, processes, and solutions.
- Requires a BA degree and 12-15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10-13 years of prior relevant experience.
- A TS/SCI with Poly is required.
- Experience supporting USINDOPACOM or subordinate elements is preferred.
- Substantial enterprise and ability to thrive with minimal guidance and direction -- working toward a common goal.
- Military or defense-related experience and a basic understanding of operational planning or Air Force or Joint Force Targeting operations.
- Working familiarity with JTCG/ME accredited targeting software [Integrated Munitions Effects Assessment (IMEA) and/or Joint Munitions Effectiveness Manual (JMEM) Weaponeering Software (JWS)]
Pay Range:Pay Range $105,300.00 - $162,000.00 - $218,700.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.