* This position is located in Manassas Virginia to support stateside maintenance and modification, no deployment.**
At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse Aviation Professionals always have a multitude of career choices. Your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself. We welcome your perspective and ideas, in order to foster collaboration and deliver world-class solutions. We look for solutions that not only transform businesses, but also change the world. We offer a robust benefits package including competitive salaries; company matching 401K Retirement Plan; comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage; tuition reimbursement and more.
The ARTEMIS Program of Leidos has openings for a A&P Mechanic. In this role, you would maintain aircraft in accordance with OEM specifications and FAA regulations. The diversity of working conditions range from an environment where there is little or no physical discomfort, to an environment where inclement weather may subject the individual to severe changes in temperature, wind, rain, etc. The A&P Mechanic may be required to work in areas where high noise hazards, exposure to fumes, airborne particles, and electrical shock hazards exist.
The Aviation Maintenance and Sustainment (AMS) Division of Leidos has openings for a A&P Mechanic. In this role, you would maintain aircraft in accordance with OEM specifications and FAA regulations. The diversity of working conditions range from an environment where there is little or no physical discomfort, to an environment where inclement weather may subject the individual to severe changes in temperature, wind, rain, etc. The A&P Mechanic may be required to work in areas where high noise hazards, exposure to fumes, airborne particles, and electrical shock hazards exist.
- Create aircraft logbook entries
- Daily/turnaround inspections
- Build Phase Inspection packages
- Submit daily, weekly or monthly reports as required
- Perform corrosion inspections and related treatment
- Update maintenance tracking software and databases
- Work hours may be adjusted for operational requirements
- Perform shipping, receiving and issuing of aircraft material
- Ability to troubleshoot systems to provide an effective solution
- Maintain FAA required records, manuals and inspection forms
- Structural repairs and component in-house repair/back shop programs
- Washing/cleaning, servicing aircraft fuel/oil/hydraulic/oxygen/nitrogen systems
- Turbine engine, propeller, airframe and flight control/landing gear or engine rigging
- Track and perform scheduled and unscheduled aircraft maintenance, repair and inspections on all aircraft systems
- High School Diploma or equivalent and three (3) years of prior relevant experience.
- Current FAA A&P License
- Must be able to meet all CRC deployment and medical requirements
- Must be current or willing to meet COVID vaccination requirements
- Must be a US Citizen and have a current US civilian driver's license
- Must have a basic understanding of integrated avionics
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English
- Must have working knowledge of aircraft safety directive compliance (SL, SB, AD)
- Must be able to work shifts as assigned and travel as required to support operations
- Experience using common or special hand tools and test equipment as required for aircraft maintenance
- Must complete DoT drug test to determine the presence of illegal or un-prescribed controlled substances
- Must have an in-depth knowledge of aircraft/vehicle movement and safety/hazards during flight line operations
- Must have an in-depth knowledge of using aircraft technical publications with the ability to read and interpret basic schematic diagrams, drawings, and charts
- Must have proficient computer skills with experience using Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) as well as maintenance database and tracking software
- Ability to travel up to 25% on an as needed basis
- DOD security clearance at the SECRET level required
- Avionics experience
- Experience with King Air, DHC-8 or Challenger 650 aircraft preferred
- NDT II: Electromagnetic and Liquid Penetrant a plus
Pay Range:Pay Range $53,300.00 - $82,000.00 - $110,700.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.