Leidos is in search of a Systems Administrator to provide innovated support for installs, upgrades/problem resolution, and A&A for Linux base infrastructure. The candidate must be dynamic, innovative, self-starting and problem solver. Must have the aptitude and can do attitude tackle technical challenges without clear instructions with. This position includes all aspects of systems administration such as installation, configuration, implementation, and innovation of Linux systems both physical and virtual
Typical responsibilities will include:
- Provide systems administrative support for design, configuring, and troubleshooting open source and commercial applications
- Collaborate with a team of software engineers/developers to improve the supportability of the systems, including backups/restorations
- Collaborate with stakeholder and influence development of solutions that impact strategic goals and deliver results
- Provide formal documentation of system architecture and process/procedural documentation for end user of the system
- Design, build, maintain, and support CentOS Linux server infrastructure on both physical and virtual servers
- Write bash scripts to automate system functions such as backups
- Provide expert support for troubleshooting of server issues
- Provide input into strategic and tactical planning on behalf of the customer
- Complete System Security documentation and CONOPS
- Provide formal documentation and status reports to fulfill organizational compliance requirements and serve as reference material for other teams
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related field and 12+ years of experience in system administration; if no degree; additional experience in lieu of degree
- 5+ years supporting Redhat or CentOS Linux servers
- 3+ years hands-on-experience with Bash, or equivalent scripting language
- Experience with virtual server environments, working with cloud technologies
- Experience with A&A process; supporting A&A activities (i.e. scanning, screen captures)
- Knowledge of IC system security standards and INFOSEC processes and boards
- Ability to self-direct and coordinate others efforts in project tasking’s and investigate issues under limited supervision
Effectively communicates with stakeholders and team regarding user requirements for system updates
- Desired Qualifications
- Experience working on Agile team using SAFe
- Experience with ticketing tools such as Jira/Remedy
Pay Range:Pay Range $105,300.00 - $162,000.00 - $218,700.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.