Leidos is seeking a Windows Engineer who will provide support for maintaining and enhancing infrastructure as well as the day-to-day maintenance support for troubleshooting Windows virtual systems and servers. This role requires an individual with technical expertise administering Windows servers within a physical and virtual environment. The candidate will provide Windows engineering support and be responsible for building and patching Windows servers in support of current and future systems and applications. This role is responsible for interacting with a team of network engineers troubleshooting problems for multiple systems and network environments. This role analyzes recurring problems and initiates solutions for preventing reoccurrence and analyzes existing infrastructure for tuning/performance enhancements. In this role, you may be required to perform technical software configuration, rebooting, and other remedial actions on customer servers.
* Perform best practice engineering support for an environment consisting of Windows servers.
* Perform application packaging, deployments, documentation, and release control in a complex and customized IT environment.
* Perform OS installation, patching, updates, and upgrades for Windows servers.
* Provide technical support, administration, and monitoring of Microsoft Windows systems within a physical and virtual environment.
* Decommission server(s) upon request through approved engineering change solution.
* Provide advice, technical consultation, and Tier 3/Tier 4 support guidance by analyzing and resolving problems and evaluating alternative means of satisfying user requirements.
* Engage in requirements gathering and validation with stakeholder groups and end users to understand and address current needs across server environments, as well as emerging/future trends.
* Research, test, and deploy security patches and vulnerability mitigation and remediation configuration changes.
* Engage with network engineers and be able to “speak their language” to troubleshoot and solve technical issues
* Provide support for the implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of complex IT systems. Rapidly distinguish isolated user problems from network-wide application and system problems.
* Perform automation tasks through scripting and testing.
* Effectively support a blend of operational and test network engineering/administration activities.
* Create and maintain Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and technical documentation.
* Provide follow-up reports (technical findings, feedback, and resolution steps taken) for Root Cause Analysis and process improvement initiatives.
* 8+ years’ experience as a Windows Engineer
* BS degree and 12+ years of prior relevant experience; additional experience in lieu of degree.
* TS/SCI clearance with Polygraph required
* Experience building, configuring, patching Windows servers
* Scripting experience
* Thorough understanding and/or experience with Microsoft server administration
* Proven experience with VMware or other virtualization technologies and Systems Engineering
* Experience managing and configuring VDI environments
* Proficient with troubleshooting Windows OS computing environment
* Knowledge of basic networking and network protocols (e.g. TCP/IP, routing, firewalls, SSH, VPNs)
* Hands-on experience with reviewing system logs and events to resolve issues
* Develop and provide solutions to complex technical issues and problems that impact dev, test and production computing enclaves.
* Demonstrate the ability to manage data backup and recovery evolutions as required.
* Experienced with creating and managing critical system work instruction and Standard Operating Procedure documentation.
* Must be able to work independently to develop solutions to technical problems.
Pay Range:Pay Range $105,300.00 - $162,000.00 - $218,700.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.