Leidos is currently seeking a Systems Administrator to provide operational support and sustainment of the Advanced Analyst Augmentation Analytical Cloud Enablement System (4ACES). The Systems Administrator will provide maintenance and monitoring for development, test, and operational cloud environments at all appropriate classification levels. The Systems Administrator will work with the customer to ensure cloud resources are being utilized efficiently and optimize the environment.
The Systems Administrator will create, test, and maintain test, development, and production environments; implement established technical and workflow procedures, troubleshoot network and application issues, and provide guidance and technical assistance as needed. They will update technical configuration documents, manage the system lifecycle, support technical review boards as needed, and participate in technical design reviews as needed.
The Systems Administrator will also prepare and deliver required documentation to include both program and user level documentation. They will interact with technical team leads to understand the current system, subsystems, and component specifications. They will use experience to recommend changes to facilitate efficient and effective development, communicate, and share expertise within and across the customer’s organizational boundaries and work both independently and in small groups.
Position can also be performed in the following locations:
- Alexandria, VA
- St. Louis, MO
- Tucson, AZ
Clearance Level Required:
Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
- Manage Databricks clusters to include managing users against roles and privileges for individual clusters.
- Support cloud environment for data engineering, data strategy and architecture, data analytics, and data focused software engineering.
- Provide systems administration and systems engineering support for platform administration.
- Support a range of administration tasks for daily operations in a Databricks environment.
- Work closely with users to troubleshoot and resolve functional and technical requirements.
- Provide troubleshooting for platform issues.
- US citizenship is required per contract.
- Current Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph.
- Bachelor's degree and 4-8 years of prior relevant experience or Master’s with 2-6 years of prior relevant experience.
- 2+ years of related experience providing systems administration support in a business intelligence environment.
- 2+ years of experience supporting data management platforms and integrating databases using SQL, or other languages.
- Experience with Amazon Commercial Cloud Services.
- Databricks administration experience providing hands-on support from setup through daily administration.
- Experience with providing administration support to a continuous pipeline of new systems combined with regular enhancement of existing systems.
- Experience with supporting full system lifecycles, from initial ideation and development to long-term usage and iterative enhancements.
- Experience with JIRA and Confluence
Pay Range:Pay Range $66,300.00 - $102,000.00 - $137,700.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.