Leidos is currently seeking a Software Engineer (SWE) for the Advanced Analyst Augmentation Analytical Cloud Enablement System (4ACES). The SWE will support general maintenance, adaptive maintenance, defect resolution (DR), and COTS/GOTS/FOSS activities for 4ACES. This includes supporting installations and deployments. The SWE will assist the Systems Engineer (SE) with debugging any issues when the core COTS products require upgrading (anticipated once annually).
The SWE will also lead the team as a Scrum Master to provide overall program oversight and guidance for SAS support of 4ACES.
Position can also be performed in the following locations:
- Alexandria, VA
- St. Louis, MO
- Tucson, AZ
Clearance Level Required:
Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
- Provide technical leadership and deliver an innovative product, service, or a combination of products and services that address a customer's specific requirements.
- Provide engineering expertise and guidance for the design, development, implementation, and sustainment of the mission requirements and enhance overall system security, performance, and availability.
- Provide documentation of the tools and processes used to build and install the software in the production environment.
- Provide regular system requirements and capabilities updates to the client, applying current industrial software development best practices that include iterative and incremental project management techniques and agile software development.
- Interact with technical team leads to understand the current system, subsystems, and component specifications and be able to use experience to recommend changes to facilitate efficient and effective development.
- Develop scalable and re-usable frameworks for ingesting large data sets and moving them from layer to layer in Databricks.
- Integrate the end-to-end data pipeline to take data from source systems to target data repositories ensuring the quality and consistency of data is always maintained.
- Work with event based/streaming technologies to ingest and process data.
- Work within an Agile delivery methodology to deliver proof of concept and production implementation in iterative sprints.
- US citizenship is required per contract.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or Information Systems and 12-15 years of prior relevant experience or Master’s with 10-13 years of prior relevant experience.
- Extensive experience in usage of Cloud technologies and infrastructure.
- Ability to architect and design enterprise cloud solutions within AWS.
- Experience with cloud-based architectures in AWS, Azure.
- Experience with reading and writing data in AWS Databricks.
- Working knowledge of Databricks.
- AWS certifications.
- Experience developing basic tooling and scripting: Java, Python, R, Scala, SQL.
- Experience with visualization tools such as Power BI, Grafana, and Tableau.
- Experience with Agile software development cycle.
- Experience with databases and data warehousing.
- Experience with JIRA and Confluence.
Pay Range:Pay Range $118,300.00 - $182,000.00 - $245,700.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.