Leidos is currently seeking a Software Engineer (SWE) for the Advanced Analyst Augmentation Analytical Cloud Enablement System (4ACES). The SWE will support general maintenance, adaptive maintenance, defect resolution (DR), and COTS/GOTS/FOSS activities for 4ACES. This includes supporting installations and deployments. The SWE will assist the Systems Engineer (SE) with debugging any issues when the core COTS products require upgrading (anticipated once annually).
The SWE will also lead the team as a Scrum Master to provide overall program oversight and guidance for SAS support of 4ACES.
Position can also be performed in the following locations:
- Alexandria, VA
- St. Louis, MO
- Tucson, AZ
Clearance Level Required:
Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
- Analyze customer requirements to integrate solutions into Databricks COTS product (i.e., scripting for new data ingesting, algorithm incorporation).
- Upgrade existing software as new Databricks releases are available.
- Debug existing software and correct defects.
- Design or implement complex database or data repository interfaces/queries.
- Develop simple data queries for existing or proposed databases or data repositories.
- Write or review software and system documentation.
- Develop software solutions by analyzing system performance standards, confer with users or system engineers; analyze systems flow, data usage and work processes; and investigate problem areas.
- Implement recommendations for improving documentation and software development process standards.
- US citizenship is required per contract.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or Information Systems and 4-8 years of prior relevant experience or Master’s with 2-6 years of prior relevant experience.
- Extensive experience in usage of Cloud technologies and infrastructure.
- Ability to architect and design enterprise cloud solutions within AWS.
- Experience with cloud-based architectures in AWS, Azure.
- Experience with reading and writing data in AWS Databricks.
- Working knowledge of Databricks.
- AWS certifications.
- Experience developing basic tooling and scripting: Java, Python, R, Scala, SQL.
- Experience with visualization tools such as Power BI, Grafana, and Tableau.
- Experience with Agile software development cycle.
- Experience with databases and data warehousing.
- Experience with JIRA and Confluence.
Pay Range:Pay Range $78,000.00 - $120,000.00 - $162,000.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.