Ready for your next career step? Leidos is currently seeking to hire a Junior Software Developer to support S3I on Redstone Arsenal located in Huntsville, Alabama.
The selected candidate will be a member of a highly dynamic team providing software development and support to the AvMC Software, Simulation, Systems Engineering and Integration (S3I) Directorate. The applicant should be able to demonstrate the ability to support application design, development, testing, and documentation. Candidate will support and participate in system/subsystem design, performance studies and analyses; interpret and analyze requirements obtained/derived from customer; review, verify and/or validate system specifications and other design-related documentation; and software design review, technical interchange and management control meetings, and configuration control boards.
- 2+ years of professional software development experience in C or C++.
- Experienced developer with Unreal 4 or 5.
- Comfortable working in a collaborative, team-oriented environment.
- Experience developing software for Army training / gaming platforms.
- Experience reviewing, analyzing, and testing Software Requirements Specification (SRS) level requirements.
- Experience working with automated test environments and Hardware-In-the-Loop (HWIL) test stations.
- Experience using Jira, Bugzilla, Collaborator and/or SVN in a professional environment.
- Experience on previous teams using an Agile/Scrum process.
- Required Education: Bachelor’s degree and at least two years of related experience; additional years of experience accepted in lieu of degree.
- Required Clearance: Must have the ability to able to obtain an interim Secret Clearance and then obtain and maintain a full Secret Clearance; US Citizenship required.
- Job location is in Huntsville, Alabama with onsite work being ideal. Remote work option is available.
Pay Range:Pay Range $63,050.00 - $97,000.00 - $130,950.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.