We are in search of a CAD Manager to join our diverse and dynamic organization for our remote group.
This is a HYBRID role out of our Portland, OR office.
As a core team member of our Substation Section, you will be interacting with an established group of engineers, designers and drafters, playing a valuable part in executing drafting of accurate drawing packages for utility power delivery projects, using MicroStation and AutoCAD.
If this sounds like the type of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
In this role, you can expect to grow:
- With opportunities for both technical and non-technical training
- By participating in our mentorship program
- Expertise with NESC and electrical power calculations
What you will bring to the table:
- AS degree in Drafting and Design degree from an accredited institution preferred. High School diploma or drafting certificate with additional experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- 5+ years of drafting and detailing experience with AutoCAD and/or MicroStation. Coursework + project experience will be considered.
- Background with direct report supervision and day-to-day people leadership
- Proficiency with the manipulation of vector and raster drawing files in AutoCAD and MicroStation.
- Ability to create and/or modify drawings from engineer-provided markups with a high level of attention to details.
- QA/QC of drawings produced by the drafting team
- Ability to work with the Engineering Manager and other Leads/Supervisors to assign and schedule the day to day work of individual CAD operators, assigning/changing priorities and monitoring status
- Skilled in Doc Control, Drawing Records Management, Preliminary and final IFC issuance
- Knowledge of file sharing, document management and collaboration tools such as ProjectWise, FTP, SharePoint, Fusion, Meridian, Autodesk Vault, Workfront etc.
- Experience with creating process improvement policies, tools, and client specific CAD guides for drafting and engineering teams.
- Support remote office overflow CAD workload on a need and availability basis. This will require coordination with other CAD Supervisors in Leidos offices.
- Strong professional verbal and written communication skills within a team environment.
- Highly organized, efficient, and detail oriented.
- Ability to perform tasks in a fast paced engineering/production environment.
It would be nice if you had:
- Experience working with protection and control and substation physical drawings for electric utility transmission projects
- The ability to comprehend and implement a wide range of client CAD standards.
- Experience with 3-D modelling in MicroStation, AutoCAD, and/or Inventor.
- Experience with AutoCAD Electrical.
- Knowledge of VBA and/or AutoLisp.
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainably. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
We take care of our employees. At Leidos, we seek the best and the brightest, and in return, we invest in you, with an eye on your future, through career advancement, growth opportunities and continuous improvement via mentoring, formal and informal project management training and assistance with obtaining pertinent certifications.
We challenge you to help solve some of the world’s toughest problems, and reward you with a welcoming culture that recognizes the importance of a strong work/life balance, as well as competitive compensation and benefits. We believe that diversity and inclusion make us all better and offer the chance to have fun and make a difference.
Pay Range:Pay Range $54,600.00 - $84,000.00 - $113,400.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 46,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.