Looking for an opportunity to make an impact?
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customer’s success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainably. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
If this sounds like an environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
Leidos Civil Group helps modernize infrastructure, systems, and security. We are a trusted partner to both government and highly regulated commercial customers looking for transformative solutions in mission IT, security, software, engineering, and operations. We work with our customers including the FAA, DOE, NASA, National Science Foundation, Transportation Security Administration, Custom and Border Protection, airports, and electric utilities to make the world safer, healthier, and more efficient. Our customers take on the toughest challenges out there, and at times need a helping hand from specialists in their fields. We combine our scale as a Fortune 500 company with the deep technical knowledge of our core capabilities and the expertise of our talented and diverse workforce to deliver mission-centric innovations. For each of these core capabilities, we have developed proven, repeatable processes that help us deliver agile, cost-effective solutions to foster a better world.
The Civil Group at Leidos currently has an opening for a Senior Manufacturing Manager to work in our North Charleston, SC facility. As a member of the Leidos Security Enterprise Solutions (SES) Manufacturing Organization you will be responsible for the standup and launch of a new manufacturing facility. This new facility will consolidate from a number of other locations the production of sophisticated equipment utilized for airport security. The Senior Manufacturing Manager is a high visibility role, requiring someone who has a deep understanding of manufacturing operations, excellent communication skills, the ability to adapt and learn quickly, and who is comfortable speaking with and entertaining high profile visitors (customers, executives, etc..)
- Recruit, build and lead the Production Team.
- Maintain status information for projects and products that are in production.
- Coordinate with Master Schedule, Sales and Finance teams to establish and maintain production schedule.
- Coordinate with Planning, Procurement and Logistics teams to ensure delivery schedule is met.
- Maintain and monitor performance metrics.
- Engage as needed with key suppliers on delivery or technical issues.
- Ensure all areas are in compliance with EHS guidelines.
- Ensure all documentation is maintained and updated.
- Provides primary input to hiring, firing, promotion, performance and rewards decisions for direct reports.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Manufacturing Engineering, or related field and 8+ years of experience in manufacturing engineering or operations or 6+years of experience with a Master’s degree. Will consider additional years of experience in lieu of a degree.
- 5+ years’ experience leading manufacturing teams or projects.
- Prior experience with the manufacturing of capital, security, or aviation related products.
- Experience in planning activities and vendor management.
- Ability to communicate effectively and efficiently, both in writing and verbally, to a wide-range of audiences.
- Ability to solve complex problems, often with limited information and guidance.
- Experience with MES and ERP tools.
- Possess one of the following certifications: Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma, Value Stream Mapping.
- Sound engineering knowledge & understanding.
- Interpersonal savvy in prioritizing customer needs with effective business decisions.
- Personal sense of integrity and trust.
- Ability to identify, prioritize, and manage critical issues, to avoid escalations/conflicts at a later stage.
- Effective time management skills.
- Ability to translate data into actionable information.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Department Hand Offs & Dependencies:
- Engineering, Program, Product, Quality, Service, and Sales Management .
- Service Support (Service Admin, Spare Parts, Contracts, Technical Support, Training).
- Supply Chain Organization (Purchasing, Import/Export Team, Logistics Broker, Planners, Fulfillment Team).
The Leidos Security Enterprise Solutions (SES) team has developed a suite of integrated solutions for aviation, ports, borders, and critical infrastructure customers around the world. We provide automated threat detection for weapons, narcotics, explosives, contraband, and undeclared goods, as well as nuclear and radioactive materials, by leveraging industry leading screening technologies, AI/ML capabilities and advanced biometric tools. We have more than 24,000 products deployed across 120 countries, including best-in-class security checkpoint and inspection systems for people, checked baggage and more.
Check out the links below to learn more about Security Enterprise Solutions (SES)
Pay Range:Pay Range $105,300.00 - $162,000.00 - $218,700.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.