At Leidos, everything we do is built on our commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our employees, and our communities. Learn more about the values and culture that are the foundations of our business. Our mission is to make the world safer, healthier, and more efficient through information technology, engineering, and science. We offer a robust benefits package including competitive salaries; 401K Retirement Plan; comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage; flexible work schedule to allow for life/work balance; tuition reimbursement and more.
The Leidos Army Intelligence information technology Environment Support (ARIES) program, part of the Leidos Defense group, is looking for a Network Engineer to support US Army Central Command G2 in Kuwait. The ARIES program provides IT repair, maintenance, operations, logistics, and engineering services to help ensure secure, reliable, and uninterrupted availability of Army Military Intelligence Enterprise IT Systems as well as network administration support for an organization comprised mostly of a Microsoft Enterprise software environment residing on multiple networks.
The Network Engineer will be part of a dynamic team supporting US Army Central (ARCENT) G2 and supported customers throughout the ARCENT Area of Responsibility, with primary duty at Camp Arifjan, Kuwait, including both U.S. and coalition personnel. You will be primarily responsible for network device troubleshooting, network operations and maintenance, documentation of logical & physical networks, network device and infrastructure installations. Assist G2 Systems Service Desk with Tier I & II troubleshooting as needed. Perform administration duties for multiple networks including routers, switches, encryption devices, and other related network equipment. Develop, propose, and implement network performance & security enhancements, changes, network extensions, and hardware & operating system upgrades as needed. Must have firm grasp and knowledge of fiber and copper‐based Ethernet technologies, capabilities and cabling and their connectivity to local and wide area networks. Experience on US Military Intelligence networks and/or a service desk in SWA a huge plus.
• Perform troubleshooting of network and connectivity issues with network devices on multiple LANs, and coordinate troubleshooting on Tier 0 WAN circuits to ensure mission critical operations continue across the AOR
• Thorough understanding of and experience in installing, configuring, maintaining, and troubleshooting Cisco‐based local‐area networks using various encryption devices; be able to document the network (such as with Visio)
• Expert-level knowledge of LAN switching, including Virtual Local Area Networks (VLANs), VLAN Trunk Protocol (VTP), Port Security, Spanning Tree, and Layer 2 and 3 switching configurations.
• Through understanding of Layer 3 routing protocols (EIGRP, OSPF, BGP, etc.) and best practices on implementation.
• Able to install, configure, and maintain encryption devices (KG-250/255, KG-175D/G/X, etc.) at network points of presence and to extend networks throughout the local and regional areas, including management via GEM-X.
• Thorough understanding of Cisco WAN, LAN, and Data Center design practices, technologies and implementations.
• Experience with network based monitoring tools (Solarwinds, GEM-ONE, etc).
• Experience configuring and troubleshooting Cisco VTC devices and VoIP phones.
• Install, maintain, and/or repair network infrastructure (i.e., Panduit, conduit, and/or terminating CAT5/6 or fiber)
• Advise government customers on COMSEC duties and serve as COMSEC custodian as needed; understand US DoD COMSEC rules, policies, and regulations
• Present and comment on system changes thru Configuration Control Boards (CCB) or similar meetings.
• Maintain required security posture on all network equipment in accordance with DoD and local command mandates and requirements, including updates, STIGs, IOS upgrades, and other basic network security requirements.
• Assist Field Service Technicians and System Administrators with Tier I and Tier II tasks as needed
• Participate in or lead projects and day‐to‐day network operations as needed or assigned by the site lead, including surging to alternate locations for customer requirements
Bachelor’s Degree and 4-8 years experience.
8140 IAT II IA Baseline Certification, such as Security+|ce or higher
Computing Environment certs include: CCNA
• Preferred Computing Environment certs include: CCNP Enterprise
Pay Range:Pay Range $66,300.00 - $102,000.00 - $137,700.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® innovation company rapidly addressing the world’s most vexing challenges in national security and health. The company's global workforce of 47,000 collaborates to create smarter technology solutions for customers in heavily regulated industries. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $15.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 29, 2023. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.